Thread: It's taking it's time!

It's taking it's time!

I must've been on sertraline for about 6 or 7 weeks now and I've been put up to 100mg dose for about the last 2 weeks. I haven't noticed any bad side effects except the sexual ones. I've had nothing intervening with it, no other substances, except the other meds I am on which is a small dose of haloperidol and also lorazepam when I need it.

My family and the staff here say they see an improvement in me but I'm still waiting if to deliver. I seem to cope with things better but I still get very impatient and frustrated inside. I hate not being able to enjoy myself, like total anhedonia. I would expect and antidepressant to fix this but maybe it won't. I'm totally frustrated I'm gonna be looking for the right one all my life cause even though this has improved me a little I don't feel happy at all yet. It's still difficult to get through the day, I still have problems sleeping and I still feel like offing myself. I'll tell my doctor how I feel I just wonder, shouldn't it have had its full effect by now? It might be a helper but I'm definitely not feeling anti-depressed

Re: It's taking it's time!

Around week 7-8 I did see an improvement, but then dipped back down?
    I think you need to give it 3-4months to see results myself, but guess everyones different?
    Hang in there!

I've been moved up to 150mg now because I told my doctor I was still feeling restless, anxious and having suicidal thoughts. She said it would be better to try this for now than a different antidepressant. I'm still on the haloperidol.

I seem to cope better around one of the friends I have here but once I'm on my own or bored the anxiety starts again and I want to cry but I can't get properly emotional. Feels very strange indeed. It's still a better state than I was in.

I need it to help with the persistant anxiety of just being on my own and needing something to do. It's completely out of proportion, like now, my head feels full and I feel like I'm rattling on the inside, like something's building up. However, since I've learned to tell myself it never boils over the top into a panic attack it hasn't done. I have got really upset though, but I it's not traditional panic, it's just anxiety that keeps building and building.

how are you feeling on the higher dose now?

It took its sweet time with me too but it's working like a charm at the moment, given the amount of stress I am under (dad in hospital, being made redundant and having a formal complaint in at work). I feel great again!

"I feel great again!" Strong words little scientist.
    Good to know the meds do work

I would love for happy to be my default mood instead of flat.

Thread Information