Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with health anxiety

Re: Help with health anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I actually got in touch with them to discuss my story further but I’m glad I game here to see this first.

Being a 'strain' on the NHS is not exactly how I see myself and if the strain on mental health within the NHS wasn't so prevalent then people would be getting the appropriate treatment instead of finding themselves in A&E or in front of a GP that doesn't understand.

There was a sign in my GP surgery last week saying that the previous month, there were 96 missed appointments...now tell me again who is a strain on my GP surgery?!

Why can't someone make an honest documentary to challenge the ignorance that surrounds anxiety instead of shaming people and making us look like scroungers who enjoy spending our lives being crippled by debilitating anxiety!
    Because that would be "boring" and C4 likes to make mental health issues entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I actually got in touch with them to discuss my story further but I’m glad I game here to see this first.

Being a 'strain' on the NHS is not exactly how I see myself and if the strain on mental health within the NHS wasn't so prevalent then people would be getting the appropriate treatment instead of finding themselves in A&E or in front of a GP that doesn't understand.

There was a sign in my GP surgery last week saying that the previous month, there were 96 missed appointments...now tell me again who is a strain on my GP surgery?!

Why can't someone make an honest documentary to challenge the ignorance that surrounds anxiety instead of shaming people and making us look like scroungers who enjoy spending our lives being crippled by debilitating anxiety!
    Was there an implication that the 96 missed appointments were from patients with anxiety ?

61000 appointments are missed daily in the UK. I have mentioned before that many people have multiple problems or because of ther anxiety they are worried about the slighest thing , so how does a GP discuss all this in 10 minutes ?

GP' s generally don't understand anxiety issues that is really the crux of the problem, and chucking pills down people isn't always the answer.

NO doubt the NHS is stretched, especially evident in London and I would be in favour for charging a small fee say £5.00 or £10.00 for an appointment excluding the kids who are still at school and OAP's. We need more doctors but unfortunately despite what the PM says we can't flush them out of the air.
    The NHS needs a complete overhaul, not an easy task.The average pay for a fully qualified GP is 120K per year.
    Last edited by ricardo; 06-08-15 at 09:30.

My H.A. was justified as I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (Thyroid Problem) and I was lucky enough here in Scotland to have fantastic GP who had worked in the Mental Health sector.Yes an honest documentary is needed, hosted by a celeb that is currently suffering or who has suffered from Anxiety/Depression, ie: Denise Welch or Stephen Fry, so they can argue 'our' Point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information