Thread: ESA WRAG component cut in Budget.

Wink ESA WRAG component cut in Budget.

Just a quick post from an old member i am in the ESA support group but worried over you poor people in the WRAG. just a little advice there is a lifeline please please do not get desperate and do anything daft. There is a little known clause that gets us poor sick people into the support group. section 35 of the employment support act states that if your life or others are in danger your in the support group. so see your doctors or support workers and get evidence and ask for your claim to be reassessed. 30% cut in desperately needed income will push many to possible suicidal or violent states. please dont let this issue drive you tothe depths of depression if it does theres a weird silver lining good luck all Han xx

Re: ESA WRAG component cut in Budget.

IF your your life is in danger or the lives of others. Otherwise I can't see a GP sticking his/her neck out and risking their licence for us.

Terry i wouldn't ask them to fib ! only concerned that people will be panicked and a 30% cut in income has serious impact on mental health. When lifes a struggle already financial worrys push people into a corner. But the people suffering depression should be in the support group already. Took me from 2013-2015 to sort my benefits and i was even a witness in the high court judicial review for pip delays. i do not condone cheating the system but the struggle and stress of the WRAG near killed me and is killing 10k a year in sanctions. many of us have attempts on medical records but the ESA form doesn't have that question on purpose as your not even required to attend ab assessment or go through points system. i was assesssed face to face on points. just trying to throw a lifeline to those in desperate need xxxx

I agree, it certainly will add a lot of pressure for people so they need to be aware of it.

Its a mess of a system. I used to attend charity walk-in groups and some of them were going through the ESA reviews and it was hitting hard on their anxiety. The coordinator had been through it himself and he urged them to appeal because he found the initial assessment to be completely against him but the appeal was completely the opposite and he easily won! Some of these people were not appealing because of the stress and I've often thought that this is the tactic employed by the process.

One lady there was a carer for a member who had more serious psychiatric problems and lived in supported housing (she was lovely). She told us that her friend had an autistic son who went through it to be told he was fit for work even though they he has no perception of danger and they can't let him cross the street alone.

Quote Originally Posted by han76 View Post
    Just a quick post from an old member i am in the ESA support group but worried over you poor people in the WRAG. just a little advice there is a lifeline please please do not get desperate and do anything daft. There is a little known clause that gets us poor sick people into the support group. section 35 of the employment support act states that if your life or others are in danger your in the support group. so see your doctors or support workers and get evidence and ask for your claim to be reassessed. 30% cut in desperately needed income will push many to possible suicidal or violent states. please dont let this issue drive you tothe depths of depression if it does theres a weird silver lining good luck all Han xx
    Still wishing you the best

Thread Information