Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White coated tongue/candida not going away

White coated tongue/candida not going away

I posted a few weeks back about having a white coated tongue along with some bumps on the middle/back of my tongue that I think are raised taste buds? I figured I got them from brushing too hard which maybe I did but they are still there along with the white coated tongue. I bought GNC brand ACV raw, organic, with the mother. I been gargling with it nearly every morning with water. I then follow it up by brushing my teeth and using mouth wash. Once I drink water I get a clean or mostly clean tongue but the next morning it's always back. Last week it seemed like it was healing but now every morning it's a white coating that turns yellow after my morning cup of coffee. I don't know what else to try to get rid of it? I drank the ACV in water a few weeks back but I didn't like drinking the vinegar much with my GERD. I must admit I have not avoided carbs and sugar though I've tried but it's much harder to do than I would expect.

My main worry is why is this not healing? It only makes me more anxious about other worries of mine.

Re: White coated tongue/candida not going away

A coated tongue is an indicator of candida in your gut, not on your tongue, thus gargling with ACV won't fix the issue. We all have candida in our guts. However, we all have bacteria (good bacteria) to keep it at bay. When we overuse antibiotics, the good bacteria is killed, and we end up with an overgrowth of candia. The way to fix this is to balance your gut. Cut all processed foods and sugar from yiur diet. Anything white feeds candida. Next, take high dose of probitocs. Note...GNC is the worst place to buy supplements. Instead, visit a health food/organic store, or buy brands such as Douglas Labs or pure encapsulations online. You should also add home made bone broths and glutamine powder to your day to feed the good bacteria and heal your gut. Google gaps diet. Not that strict, but along those lines.

Yiur body didn't get to this point over night so it won't heal over night either, especially if u keep feeding the bad bugs. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

One more thing...only use Bragg ACV :-)

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Also, adding ACV to orange juice makes it easier to drink

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    A coated tongue is an indicator of candida in your gut, not on your tongue, thus gargling with ACV won't fix the issue. We all have candida in our guts. However, we all have bacteria (good bacteria) to keep it at bay. When we overuse antibiotics, the good bacteria is killed, and we end up with an overgrowth of candia. The way to fix this is to balance your gut. Cut all processed foods and sugar from yiur diet. Anything white feeds candida. Next, take high dose of probitocs. Note...GNC is the worst place to buy supplements. Instead, visit a health food/organic store, or buy brands such as Douglas Labs or pure encapsulations online. You should also add home made bone broths and glutamine powder to your day to feed the good bacteria and heal your gut. Google gaps diet. Not that strict, but along those lines.

Yiur body didn't get to this point over night so it won't heal over night either, especially if u keep feeding the bad bugs. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

One more thing...only use Bragg ACV :-)

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Also, adding ACV to orange juice makes it easier to drink
    Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give the ACV a try with orange juice and see how I like it. I didn't know anything was wrong with GNC brand since it said organic with the mother but I know Braggs is very popular. Do you know how long it usually takes candida to heal when you follow the diet? I am wondering if the candida is what has been causing me digestive issues, bowel problems, and even spider veins.

It could take a while....expect 6 months to a year depending on if you have other factors going on. The probiotcs will help with your Gi issues as well. Very important to starve your body of sugar. Candida feeds on sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    It could take a while....expect 6 months to a year depending on if you have other factors going on. The probiotcs will help with your Gi issues as well. Very important to starve your body of sugar. Candida feeds on sugar.

Wow this could take awhile then. I have no idea how I'll be able to stay away from all sugar or carbs for that long. I don't even know if this is candida as I haven't had it looked it but I do get the white costing tongue, however it's not fuzzy which I heard some people get with candida. Is it possible I could of had candida before I noticed the white coated tongue and if so how long?

There's a Candida self test. First thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything get a glass of water and spit into it. If the spit float and look stringy its Candida. You would be able to look through the glass and see it floating

Last night I drank a glass of water with ACV now today my stomach is upset. I feel nausea and I had a cramp in my lower stomach this morning which I think was constipation. I did not eat anything after the ACV with water. Is this normal?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Here is an update. I did the candida self test and checked every 15 mins for the last hour. I did not test positive for candida which is quite surprising to me. My saliva did not grow legs or sink to the bottom and I don't think it was like specs either just kind of broke up and floated on the top. However I think I'll retest tomorrow because my mouth was kind of dry when trying this and I didn't want to drink anything before trying it so I don't know if dehydration gave a false result. Also I didn't use a clear cup and instead used a plastic cup. Tomorrow I'll retest using a clear glass cup to see.

With all due respect Joe, it just seems you're just bound and determined to find something wrong! I'm truly not surprised in the least that this proved to be negative. You didn't have colon cancer nor hepatitis or any other diseases you feared.

I truly believe that when you start treating your anxiety, many of these issues you're worried about will begin to wane.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    With all due respect Joe, it just seems you're just bound and determined to find something wrong! I'm truly not surprised in the least that this proved to be negative. You didn't have colon cancer nor hepatitis or any other diseases you feared.

I truly believe that when you start treating your anxiety, many of these issues you're worried about will begin to wane.

Positive thoughts
    Hey Fishman it's good to see you posting its been awhile. I certainly hope you are right and hope you are doing well! I know my tongue every morning has a white coating that turns yellow after my coffee and wasn't there before, but so far it is not proven to be candida so it looks like it might not be after all. I'll retest again tomorrow just to make sure but I'm hoping for another negative result.

Well I did the candida test this morning and within about 5 mins I tested positive for Candida which I don't understand because I didn't yesterday, but I guess I was correct about not using a glass cup or being dehydrated. It's pretty disgusting but here are some pics just in case anybody thinks I'm making it up and the fears are only in my head. Look at your own risk, but this is indeed a positive Candida test.

http://imgur.com/Sr3bKh5&ABHvZHL#0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information