Thread: Holiday Help!

Holiday Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice please. I'm going on holiday on Saturday and I'm getting myself into a right state! The flight is the main thing, I just cannot stand the feeling of being trapped and last year declared I would never fly again! I did well and booked a holiday but now it's getting close I'm not sleeping, feeling sick, jittery etc! I'm worried I will panic for the whole two hours or at worst not even get on the plane! Even the airport stresses me out as I feel like I can't escape!

I've been prescribed Valium, last year I took 2 mg and felt it didn't do a thing! My doc suggested taking two but I'm worried about feeling out of control. I'm debating whether to just have a few glasses of wine, but then I can't take anything if I get worse, or bite the bullet and have two tablets. I've also got those unhelpful thoughts about being away, hopefully when I get there and settle I'll be ok!

Any advice on past experiences will be most welcome, thank you :-) why can't I just be excited about a lovely holiday like I used to!! x x x

Re: Holiday Help!

2 mg is a very low dose so no harm in taking 2. I get like that every time I go on holiday and each time wonder why I put myself through it but I enjoy it while I am there and I am sure you will too. Take some relaxing music to listen to on the flight. I hate taking off and landing and last time I videoed the landing which really helped me not to think about it . Have a lovely time

Thread Information