Thread: 7 day ECG

7 day ECG

has anyone had one of these? Why and what happened

Re: 7 day ECG

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondrizzle View Post
    has anyone had one of these? Why and what happened
    Hi Lemondrizzle, these 7 day holters are carried out for many different reasons - essentially to monitor your hearts electrical activity over a much longer period than a one-time resting ECG and to build up a more detailed picture of how day to day activities (and even the various times of the day) may affect your heart.

I've had a number of these over the years. Like resting ECGs, they are very good at identifying whether your heart is functioning normally or not - but just use a much longer time period resulting in lots more data.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 11-07-15 at 13:00.

I had a 24 hour holter just about 2.5 months after my heart attack and then two weeks before I saw the cardiologist so he then had the results.

I have bigiminy which he suspected I have always had and did not bother him, and said I was very lucky to get away with such little damage and will see me in a year.

I didn't know that there was a 7 day holter.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post

I didn't know that there was a 7 day holter.
    Yeah, It depends what they are trying to see/catch. They are a bit of a pain in the bum though... fortunately they gave me some extra electrode pads, so you can at least shower during the 7 days!

I have had 1, 3 and 7 day holter moniters over the years to try and catch what happens when I get fluttering heart and feel very faint. Of course whenever I had one on I didn't get an attack! I now have an implanted ecg moniter in my chest that can stay there for 3 years.

With the 7 day one I had a bit of trouble with the sticky pads as I am a bit allergic to them but they gave me some new pads so that I could change them over and they may do this with you. Also ask for sensitive skin stickies as well. Otherwise just do eveyrthing you normally do and try and forget its attached.

Mine is for palpitations

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information