Thread: escitalopram need help

escitalopram need help

hi everyone i am new to this forum i used citalopram 3 years ago for panic attacks it helped me with in 6 weeks i was back to normal use it for 2 years and than veined off but after one year of stopping it after a holiday i start feeling depressed in mornings with anxiety thoughts for no reason i thought it will go away coz i was still having good days where there is no anxiety thoughts plus depression than i thought lets sort this before it get out of hand and went to my doctor (i dont have any panic attack this time) he put me on citalopram 10 for 2 weeks than to 20 mg citalopram but this time i cant take side effects of citalopram 20mg especially it raised my anxiety to next level means i start thinking what if i have schezoprenia what if i have bipolar what if what if..... so my doctor changed me to escitalopram 10 mg straight away and i used that for 3 weeks plus clonazepam .25 bd i start feeling bit better but no where to the point where i started so i was regretting it all the time why i started because i was far better than what i am now..... anyways went to doctor again and he told me that increase my dosage of escitalopram to 15mg , like a good boy i start taking 15mg and its my fourth day plus still taking clonazepam twice a day (in total 3.4 weeks on escitalopram ) today i feel lot of energy for no good reason is that normal? because of this lot of energy i start thinking is this drug making me hyper what if i go into mania because of this drug,(i am normally very stable and calm person and dont normally have massive mood swings)....is it anxiety playing tricks with me ? even if my mood get better i am scared of bieng happy i lost my confidence in last 2 months of rolla coaster of high anxiety ...please anyone can help or relate please

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Leo786 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: escitalopram need help

thanks xx

Re: escitalopram need help

Hi Leo

I too am on escitalopram, I can totally relate to what you are saying, sometimes I would feel euphoric and really positive which isn't like me at all! Then other times anxiety would engulf me! I started on Citalopram but found the side effects unbearable. I changed to escitalopram 20mg and was still having periods of heightened anxiety so now I am on 10mg and feel a little more level but still have bad days! I don't think you are becoming manic but I understand your worries! I think it's just about tweaking the dosage to find what works and also perhaps trying CBT to retrain your thinking patterns! This has helped me so much but it's definitely still a work in progress! Good Luck

Thread Information