A lot of people who have varying forms of anxiety and depression come here to discuss their problems or are seeking help from others who have had a similar experience.

My question is what do you do when in my case and I know of at least two other cases on NMP you have had a heart attack and at the same time continue with all the same issues of mental health that one had before.

Age does come into it apart from being able to remain positive.

To be honest I find it very difficult .I was told that nearly 50% of people who have a heart attack go into a depression and the other 50% go straight into gentle exercise and build up from there.

One has to take a shed load of pills as well and being very sensitive to medication that plays on my mind and I get side effects such as bloating and statins are known to give problems.

There is a rehab programme but the NHS is so financially stretched that the nearest place to go for 8 to 10 sessions is about 50 minutes from where I live,and that would mean my wife would have to take me on a weekly basis and even now some five months later,there is a waiting list, so I do a little exercise which isn't too stretching at home, and suffering from GAD and being agrophobic doesn't help the cause.

I know many anxious people don't want to read this sort of post but we just like anyone else need support in these, what are for me, very difficult times, as I also have ongoing appointments on other health problems and the waiting list is three to six months to see a consultant.