Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another health Anxiety Thread.

Re: Another health Anxiety Thread.

Ricardo
    I have a high cholesterol level and my to suggested stations.
    My husband has just stopped taking them after 5 years due to painful leg muscle s.
    I asked my to about plant sterile and he said there was no harm you n trying them. Say, for 6 months, then get another blood cholesterol test and compare in with a 6 month stint on statins.
    He also said the full recommended dose May Cause side effects. (They did for my husband)
    But
    If, taking a half dose, stopped the side effects (they did), then that was better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dally View Post
    Ricardo
    I have a high cholesterol level and my to suggested stations.
    My husband has just stopped taking them after 5 years due to painful leg muscle s.
    I asked my to about plant sterile and he said there was no harm you n trying them. Say, for 6 months, then get another blood cholesterol test and compare in with a 6 month stint on statins.
    He also said the full recommended dose May Cause side effects. (They did for my husband)
    But
    If, taking a half dose, stopped the side effects (they did), then that was better than nothing.

dally

If I have understood you correctly we are talking about the effect of statins.

After a heart attack it is the norm over here in the UK to give a very high dose of statins of 80mg which is usually reduced after a few months to 40mg.

Statins are known to have a side effect of affecting the muscles but I was led to believe that one can't just go on and off them for a certain period.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Swajj, your Mum sounds an amazing woman but she didn't have health anxiety and this makes such a huge difference when faced with complex health conditions. I greatly admire people who can live a full life with major health complications but others through no fault of their own just can't.

It's so hard when you don't fall into the right "category" when attempting to access NHS support. I don't suppose that there's anything remotely suitable in the private sector which is not outrageously expensive, Ricardo? I'm sure you've already explored this option though?
    Yes she was an amazing woman and yes I'm totally aware that she didn't actually have HA. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said exactly that. My post to Ricardo was not meant to sound as though I was comparing how well he handles his health isuuses to how well my mother handled her's. It was meant to give him an example of hoe someone with an extremely serious condition can live a long and happy life.

Apologies for any misunderstanding. I thought that Ricardo was seeking advice on how best to cope with the dual issues of HA and a very "real" health condition. Sorry if I've got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Apologies for any misunderstanding. I thought that Ricardo was seeking advice on how best to cope with the dual issues of HA and a very "real" health condition. Sorry if I've got it wrong.
    No need for an apology. I apologise if I misread you wrong as well. Let's just call it a brief communication breakdown

Let's blame the internet?!

I wanted to continue this thread as it is not often that I ask for help or at least guidence.

I know that others have health issues as well as mental health issues but I just live day to day and can never ever seeing an improvement in my quality of life.
    I don't have financial worries and I think my brain is still functioning pretty well but my anxiety is so sky high that it is literally ruining my and my family's life.
    Those who have followed my journey know that my daughter has been ill for years without a proper diagnosis and recently her doctor told her that despite receiving a letter from Morefields that she needed an urgent referal as they suspect Sjogun (sp) my daughter was told that the senior partner had blocked this referal. I told my daughter to make an appointment with her and thrash it out.Well she saw her last night and though I don't believe it, the senior doctor said she hadn't seen a referal letter,so my daughter asked her to check, and low and behold it was on her computer and 4 months old. Now she is going to act to get my girl a very quick appointment.

All this has a baring on my own position yet every time I go to the same senior doctor she says "never mind about your daughter,concentrate on yourself" and I always reply that is easier said than done when you see what a terrible life she is having, on a daily basis (as she lives with us)

I have such anxiety I am wanting the loo every 20/30 minutes be it at home or out, though I hardly venture away from my place.

It is a hopeless situation and the more I see of the standard of care and assessment by GP's the more alarming I feel . I know the NHS is stretched but to be absolutely honest incompetence shouldn't be something one sees and hears about doctors in a practice.

Well according to the news this morning, we will soon just be able to book at hairdressers or barbers appointment and they will be able to offer us counselling and health advice!!!! Sorry, but this just beggars belief...

Ricardo, so sorry you are struggling so much. Can you ask for a referral to the local mental health team? There must be one in your area and because you are agoraphobic, they usually send someone out to see you in your home. It might be worth asking about.

I hope your daughter gets sorted out quickly now, as obviously, the worry about our children is awful and when you're already in such an anxious state, only adds to it. It's easy for the Dr to say concentrate on yourself - sometimes they come out with the most ridiculous things. I too worry about the standard of care we can expect to get nowadays and that fuels my phobia about going to the drs in the first place.

I can't help but do care.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanutter View Post
    Well according to the news this morning, we will soon just be able to book at hairdressers or barbers appointment and they will be able to offer us counselling and health advice!!!! Sorry, but this just beggars belief...

Ricardo, so sorry you are struggling so much. Can you ask for a referral to the local mental health team? There must be one in your area and because you are agoraphobic, they usually send someone out to see you in your home. It might be worth asking about.

I hope your daughter gets sorted out quickly now, as obviously, the worry about our children is awful and when you're already in such an anxious state, only adds to it. It's easy for the Dr to say concentrate on yourself - sometimes they come out with the most ridiculous things. I too worry about the standard of care we can expect to get nowadays and that fuels my phobia about going to the drs in the first place.

I can't help but do care.
    Thank you for your concern but unfortunately I live in a borough of london that has next to nothing on offer for mental health problems bar CBT which I have already had, and on reflection the reason it didn't work, despite me putting in effort, was that the therapist wasn't very good and I disagreed with her about several issues and real feelings when one is extremely anxious.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and how much you have been messed around by the system Ricardo. I think you were unlucky to get the therapist that you ended up with. I have to say that when I did my degree in psychology I used to wonder about some of my fellow classmates. There were a few who were pretty clueless. So as with all professions there are some psychologists who shouldn't be. I think you need to give counselling another try but with a different therapist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information