Thread: Venlafaxine 37.5mg to 75mg

Venlafaxine 37.5mg to 75mg

Hi
    Has anyone increased their venlafaxine a full 75mg in the same day and felt ok. Been to see GP today and was on 37.5mg twice a day now he has put me on 75mg twice day. He assured me that I won't really get any side effects just benefit. I'm a bit reluctant posting in case I hear any bad tales. But please if it as worked for you and you stuck with any side effects I would love to hear.

Thanks
    Julie

Re: Venlafaxine 37.5mg to 75mg

Hi i take 187.5mg of venlafaxine and it works for me altho I only increased by 37.5mg at a time and I won't lie I did have side effects but I used Diazepam to help and they passed in a couple of weeks XX

Hi Nicola

Thanks for replying yea I thought so I'm really hesitant to up both am/pm straight away but the gp didn't say just increase the dosage I've just taken my first 75mg now so may just see how I feel in morning. I remember when I switched from citalopram to venlafaxine there where side effects and felt awful but after a while it did settle. Just worried with work as well if feel really bad and I do not have any diazepam on stand by just in case. Do you feel your increase worked well once over the side effects? xxx

Yes its worked really really well...touch wood!! When I increased to 187.5mg from 150mg that was really tough and I nearly gave up but I'm glad I didn't now, i take the slow release venlafaxine, it's so much easier, just once a day and I think you get smoother ride on it, it's very expensive tho hence why Gps don't prescribe it but I asked for it, it may be an idea for you XX

Thanks Nicola I might just ask for the slow release ones next time round, would it be the same do you think just a swap over and no side effects. xxx

Yep it's just a straight swap onto 150mg tablet/capsule once at day, i take a 150mg slow release capsule followed by another 37.5mg capsule first thing in the morning XX

Thanks Nicola
    I've taken another 75mg this morning as didnt feel to bad so hopefully I may be okay xxx

Thread Information