Thread: Several themes?

Several themes?

Anyone else have more than one thing that bothers them at the same time? In the past it seems that one specific thought was the worst but this episode has had several that bother me. Like ones not enough it seems like it will just cling to just about anything anymore

Re: Several themes?

Yes, I've had many OCD issues at the same time which meant my day was packed with various compulsions.

In terms of obsessions I have a few themes, harm, some minor sexual stuff that never bothered me much and the worst of all being my obsession with routine. The latter has been the hardest to address and still is as it governed my life for years.

Some people have several on here and some have one. I've seen someone recently go from a general theme to a specific obsession about a character within the parameters of the general theme. For him, he finds the single issue worse than before.

I've spoken to a guy on here who seems to inherit themes by his OCD attempting to start them off after he had been exposed to someone with them.

I managed to get rid of my intrusive thoughts. I am starting to have a new one but I'm controlling that and limiting it currently and since my GAD has been playing up more this year, I know that is the fuel for it.

Re: Several themes?

Yes -- I have several themes. Sometimes I get one at one time and sometimes more than one at the same time. You're not alone!

Thread Information