Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venlafaxine 150mg and Mirtazapine 30mg advice please regarding increase in Venlafaxin

Re: Venlafaxine 150mg and Mirtazapine 30mg advice please regarding increase in Venlaf

I just feel so horrible and numb! I felt so great a few weeks back when they started me on the Venlafaxine 75mg! I'm just so scared of this on edge feeling and I'm scared of all the medication I'm taking like the diazapam and the propanalol! I just want to feel happy and not feel like this! I can't stop thinking about how crap I feel xx when do you think I'll start feeling ok? Xxx

Re: Venlafaxine 150mg and Mirtazapine 30mg advice please regarding increase in Venlaf

I can't really say how long it will take but with already on the medication it won't take as long as from starting from scratch. You will start having good peaks through the day once you do I would say not much longer. I'm having the worst irrational thoughts which really scare me - but trying so hard to let it be and keep telling myself it's anxiety xxx

Hi Char
    I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. It's so tough. I'm certain I'll be in your exact position this time next week.
    Yes I do take propranolol and diazepam together. I don't think there is an issue with this as they are from different drug families. MyNameIsTerry may be able to shed some light on this.
    I find that when I'm very anxious the propranolol doesn't really touch the sides so I take diazepam and that does give me a couple of hours relief. Diazepam is only a short term option though
    T

I'm just so scared that this is me forever! Every morning I hope I don't wake up with that horrible nervous/excited feeling but then it's comes! I'm not sure whether the medication is right for me or not I'm not sure it's just scary feeling like this I feel like I've took a load of illegal drugs and I'm all on edge and paranoid! It's day 5 and I feel no relief from this feeling! I don't know what to do anymore I'm just so scared! I just want to feel happy and not on edge all the time! It's so hard feeling like this when I have a son to look after especially when my partner is at work! I keep thinking in my head that I shouldn't b feeling like this off the tablets but maybe th nervousness/excited feeling is a side effect! When do you think it will ease?? Xx

In reality I think it's going to take a couple of weeks. You've done so well to get this far it makes sense to see it through. All you are feeling is completely normal for the meds you taking. You can be fairly certain that the anxiety is not within you, it's the side effects of the meds. It's a necessary evil to go through this crap in order to get better. You have plenty of support on here to help you through if you need it. Hopefully the worst is over and the side effects will subside soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information