Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am so scared, any advice pleeease?

Mr Panic is the master of mimmick.

He can mimmick most symptoms and 99% of them deadly.

If nothing has shown up on your ECG or blood tests.
    Then it sounds to me as if you are experiencing the "flight or fight" sensation caused by too much adrenlin.

It is very very scary, but it will not hurt you.
    I agree with the others that relaxation, distraction and learning to control your breathing, will help you a great deal.

It takes a lot of practice. but it really does help.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Angie,

I suffer the same kind of thing alot quite often with chest pains I convince myself there is something wrong with my heart but like you ive had tests and they are all clear this seems to be the most common symptom of panic and it really is so scary but talking to others who have experienced the same deffo helps, take care and try to rmember that your not alone when you feel like that.x Nic[^]

Hi Angie

You have a lot of replies.

How are you doing hon?

Love Sal xxxxx

Hello everyone,

I am doing much better than when I started the topic.....I am also touching wood when I say that as I am so scared of it re-occuring!
    Anyway thank you all so much for all the replies, they really help me.
    I have been really busy with moving house and I think with the constant goings on my mind I was not thinking of all the bad things all the time, and then one good day leads to another cause I was thinking ' hey....I have not felt any today' which was brilliant!
    I have had the odd one or two but compared to how they were they have much improved!!!

Pootle/Andy....You were very right that I should not have under estimated the moving house business as it seems that perhaps the weird beats were more frequent as I was worrying/stressing over that.

I am beggining to realise that when I have them really bad that I am more worried about something that I usually would be hence the weird beats being there all the time.
    I think it is a relief when you can spot a pattern yourself when these things are happening. I know at the time it is soooooo hard to be rational - as I think the worst all the time.
    I don't like to be too positive though as I will start worrying that something will go wrong....another one of my traits.
    I am going on holiday next week, I am a little worried that perhaps the weird beats will come back a lot again as I know I will be very anxious about flying and just going on holiday overall! But again ...if they do I will try to sit back and think...'I predicted this would happen as I knew I would be more stressed' lol, I say that now but who knows, I could be making another post soon worrying my a** off again[Sigh...]
    I have also been trying some breathing excercises as my breathing is just all over the place - and the first time I tried it I almost fell asleep! It was so relaxing. I am going to try and set aside some time each day to do this as I think maybe if I can try and start breathing properly some of the other symptoms might subside? Who knows.
    Thank you all again, Hope everyone is doing ok

Angie
    x

Hi, angie glad to hear things have settled a tiny bit. I too, suffer as you describe, as well as feeling dizzy for most of my waking hours. I went on holidays a few weeks back - i was in an awful state, even the thought of flying reduced me to tears, i visited a hypnotherapist just to try and help me, but i did cope - yes my heart was thumping, i was dizzy,i was teerrified, but i noticed a lot of other people were nervous too, i had a good holls, and best of all i never let anyone down, hubby and kids had a wonderful holiday - i was dizzy on the beach and my heart was beating like heck most times, but i never had a heart attack and i never collapsed and best of all i was secretly proud of myself - enough about me good luck in your new home and enjoy your holiday

hello there Angie,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better!! Remember that these things do take time so don't let yourself get too down if there are any recurring symptoms. Good luck with it all!!

Sarah

Hi Angie,

I'm really glad to hear that things are getting better for you. Keep up with the breathing exercises, they really do help with most of the anxiety symptoms.

I also found that cutting out caffine and nicotine greatly reduced the skipped and irregular heartbeats for me, might be worth bearing in mind if you're worried about the symptoms coming back.

I'm sure your holiday will be fine, enjoy yourself

Take Care, Andy (pootle)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information