Thread: panic attacks

panic attacks

just new to panic attacks, need reassurance started just befor xmas in asda needed an ambulance got checked over and ok 2 weeks later off to hospital again ok, just had another yesterday managed to not go to hospital, but feeling well rough to day couldnt sleep a wink last night is this normal , my symptoms are racing heart, sweating, feeling like im going to die
    thanks

hi
    welcome to the forum!!!!
    yes these are classic panic/anxiety symptoms.i know they are horrible,but you,ll get lots of advice here!
    take care
    rach x

i know its not easy but my answer to you would be to keep busy.

Hi Ya

Have you tried rescue remedy????

It costs about 6 quid from health food shops and its brill

When you feel the panic starting you spray it on your tounge and it takes the edge right off it!!!!

luv kaz x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

thanks for the advice i will try the various options, its just that i feel so anxious and tired.

Panic attacks do cause fatigue as well. That's a very normal response, I often feel tired myself after having one. I've had the racing heart, the fear of dying or going mad, sweating, hot flushes, cold flushes... sheesh, I've had a ridiculous number of symptoms that seem to occur randomly. What you're going through, as another said, are pretty classical symptoms.

Hang in there my friend, I know it's rough, especially at first, but you'll get better in time. Try taking some deep breaths when you feel really anxious. Place a hand on your stomach and one on your chest if you like, and breathe in slow and deep, feeling your stomach fill with air. Then exhale slowly, feeling your stomach sink. Keep doing that for about five minutes and you should feel more relaxed.

Remember that none of this can hurt you. Panic attacks aren't going to kill you or harm you in any major way. No one has ever died from one. I know it's hard to remain calm when facing these things, but just remember that they will always pass.

Good luck and God bless you,

David

This site is so helpful! It is a god sent. I have had panic and anxiety on and off for 14 years, but I have only been diagnosed since the last 4 years. That is when it got uncontrollable and really bad and i had to seek medical advice. I know all of the answers about panic and anxiety, but when one comes on...all you need is reassurance. Best wishes everyone!

elo,

o we so know wr ye comin from..hugs.

yes try n keep busy, think positive..and always remember anxiety cannot kill us..if we go with it it soon passes..

Take care,
    Lin xxx
    "Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

I just hate panic attacks, I think I could handle them if it wasn't for the choking sensation and not being able to breathe. When it happens I just want to run home :( they're really getting me down at the mo

Hiya Soul

It is so hard when you dont know or understand what is happening but we are all here to help you and never forget you are not alone.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information