I think OCD is the most relevant forum for this. I'm new here and atressing out pretty bad right now so I hope this is the right place and all.

When I was about 10 year old, I started with panic attacks and anxiety. Looking back, there were signs before then but... I didn't get any help until finally when I was 17. Mainly, I would become terrified that I was alone in the world and other people were a halicination or an illusion, or whatever I'd come up with that week. At 18 - 19, with medication and CBT I got significantly better.

Now, at nearly 21, it seems like coming off my mediation was a bit of a mistake. Had to go back on it this week, after days worth of constant anxiety and absolubte panic (though these episodes didn't generally have any relation to the obsessive thoughts).

Solipsistic and existential ideas being the whole 'am I alone in the universe? Are other people hallucinations?' area of philosophy. I've done a lot of research on the subject of philosophy over the years, and rational me had come to understand what the idea of it being 'technically impossible' to prove anything actually meant, and why solipsist ideas weren't actually a real possibility. The person I am when I'm anxious still doesn't really comprehend that very well, and constantly feels anxious about it regardless of what I 'know', rationally.

I suppose I'm not looking for help or attempts to get rid of those thoughts with this thread, I tend to just get frustrated; it's something you need to come to your own conclusions on. It's just that every time I see people discussing this issue, they tell me they've been suffering with this particualr brand of obsessive thoughts for a few weeks, or months, almost always less than a year. This has been a pretty consistent subject of my anxiety for something like 10 years. This isn't the only thing my anxiety causes me an issue with, but I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to be distressed over one idea, particualrly a philosophical one, for such a long time before?