Thread: Stomach bowel colon cancer. Freaking out :(

Stomach bowel colon cancer. Freaking out :(

Hey all

I'm a bit scared and want some help or advice.

For the past few months I have been vomiting randomly. It finallyscared me so I went to a gastro who prescribed me a month of Omeprazole twice a day. This seemed to work so we didn't do the endoscopy and continued with the treatment but cutting down the dosage to once a day.

However, I am currently on vacation and am freaking out. I have been vomiting most days, randomly, my stomach has been hurting on and off for the past few days, and I feel like I have weird flu like symptoms (body weakness, cold sweats, overall fatigue) and I of course jump to the theory that I have either bowel, stomach, colon or any other digestive cancer.

The other thing I noticed while on vacation is that i can feel lymph nodes on both sides of the base of my neck/collarbone region. Which is linked to stomach cancer. I know the answer is to go to the doctor (which I plan on doing ASAP when I get back home - on Tuesday) but until then idk if this warrants a trip to the ER or if I'm overreacting.

I just want to hear if anyone else has these symptoms due to anxiety. Also does anyone know if I would have possible lymph nodes on BOTH sides of the collarbone? When I feel them I can't tell if they're lymph nodes or this long Muscle thing but I'm freaking out.
    Any help is much much much appreciated

Re: Stomach bowel colon cancer. Freaking out :(

Hi Lambo! I know my mom did have this issue due to anxiety back when she was a teen (over 45 years ago!) but it could also be a minor infection like norovirus or a food intolerance. Where are you at the moment? do you have access to a clinic?

I was at the ER just yesterday with 'heart symptoms' and breathing issues and after talking to the doctor I felt a lot better. I was pretty much convincing myself that I had an untreatable lung condition but just getting the xray and having it looked at made me feel much calmer than just talking to my mom about it. They ended up telling me I had a slight broncospasm and a whole lot of anxiety but no serious or deadly disease. Depending on where you are, maybe it would be a good idea for you to visit to put your mind at ease

Thank you for your reply!

I don't think it's a virus due to the fact that I've had several blood tests in the past few months

I'm worried that it's an obstruction in the gi tract or something. The symptoms online seem to fit mine exactly. Only thing is that i had a CT scan of the abdomen a few months ago and it came back negative. Would that show an obstruction if there was one?

Sorry I know I'm freaking out :(
    Also my stomach is super gurgly right now and that makes me think there's something in there like a tumor :(

Hi!

I would say a CT would rule out a tumor or bowel obstruction. I think CT would be the most reliable as far as image quality and reliability, if not it comes really close. Maybe you have gastritis? Although I think even a substantial gastritis would have been caught by the CT, maybe a mild gastritis. Try to relax and make an appointment with your doc. It really doesn't sound like there is anything life-threatening

I know what you mean about googling your symptoms. I've been a victim of that for over a year now. So far have diagnosed myself with ALS, an untreatable fatal lung condition, a brain tumor. Google can make anxiety so much worse because it tends to list the rarest, more catastrophic conditions at the very top. You should take a look at this thread

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46865

I really hope it's nothing serious

I'm flying back home tomorrow and I will definitely be seeing my GP and my Gastro doctor ASAP.
    My Gastro has given me omperazole thinking that I have GERD but do people vomit with GERD all the time?
    My body can't take it any more :(

Talk it through with your doctor and try not to worry

I have lots of digestive problems too but cancer is only one of many possibilities.

You could get an emergency doctor's appointment (I'm aware that this post was a while ago so I wonder what you did do in the end!).

Alternative health can be great like Earth Clinic and Markus Rothkranz.

I'd take it slow and go one thing at a time and talk to the doctor.

One thing that can cause frequent vomiting is a stomach ulcer, which I believe can be cured with oral, strong cayenne pepper (capsules work fine AFAIK) and I'm sure Earth Clinic has other remedies too.

Doctors of course have their own treatments for them but I don't think they're as good, personally.

Anyway erm, best of luck with it all and I hope things have been going OK

Thread Information