Thread: Advice on how to cope please

Advice on how to cope please

Hi, i've got to go to a family birthday party tonight and i do want to have a drink although i know that when i have a drink my heart rate will speed up. I know that this is normal and by tomorrow morning it will have gone back down again, but, i would just like some advice on how to cope when my heart rate is high. I will also get more ectopics, i know that, but i will just have to try and distract myself from that one i guess, it's the speeding thumping heart that i know i will have problems with. I want to face and conquer my fears and have a drink i just know what will happen and want some advice on how to cope with it. The highest my heart rate has been is 130, and i know that by some people's standards that is nothing, but i will start to panic and it will be with me all night and i will have trouble in trying to go to sleep with it also. Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Angiebaby.x
    It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Hi Angiebaby,

My heartrate and ectopics both speed up with alcohol too (when the ectopics are really bad, I just stay off the alcohol altogether).

I listen to a personal stereo when I go to bed and that takes my mind off the noise and feelings of the beats. I've been doing that for years now and am now completely addicted to audio books!! I find it actually helps me to get to sleep...

You'll be at the party now I guess as its gone 11pm - so I hope you've had a great time - and sleep well!!

Sarahx

Hi Angiebaby, how did it go?

Jo

Hi, as i was getting ready a couple of things went wrong here so while i was trying to do my makeup and nail varnish my heart was going and my hands were shaking that much i really stuggled. Anyway, on the way to the party i could feel the fluttering's in my chest, premature firing and that, this did bother me and i really didn't want to go, but i had no choice. When we were there i was pestered on what drink i wanted, i would have normally had lager but this frightened me as it's fizzy and makes me worse, but i did it, i had lager. After about an hour the flutterings stopped. I ended up having two pints of lager and a bailey's which is really good for me. I faced the fear of having alcohol. I did not have any ectopics, probably because my pulse was at 120 - 130 throughout, but still i managed. Did check my pulse a couple of time which i know i shouldn't have, but didn't check it as much as usual!! Must be getting better. I had a dance and by the time i had sat down my heart was going so fast i coudn't even count it!! And i was 'knackered and out of breath'. This really scared me because i was usually on the dance floor all night before, i am hoping this is just because i haven't done it for a long time and if i begin to exercise this will improve, please tell me this is right. Anyway, we got home, i had a cup of tea and took my BP and pulse and it was 104/72, perfect and my pulse was only 90, so for once it went down quite quickly thank goodness. Now today i have had more unreality this morning, if it isn't one thing it is another!!! LOL. Well sorry to go on and on and on, lol, and i appreciate you remembering me and asking me how it went. So i don't suppose it was too bad really. Anyway, how are you doing? Fine i hope. xx

Angiebaby.x
    It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Thread Information