Thread: Exercise Is The Answer

Exercise Is The Answer

I felt really rough this morning as I had a few beers last night and it plays havoc with my anxiety, anyway I was doing a bit of research on the net and came across exercise for curing anxiety. I've herd it before but to be honest like may of us I really couldn't be bothered, it was to much of an effort, I mean in all honesty I have not done any form of exercise since I left school 10 years ago, a disgrace I know.

But anyway in a totally spur of the moment thing I threw on my coat and went out of the house, I took a 10 min walk down to the shop to get the paper, I then said you know I kinda link this, So I strolled on down to the lake and walked right a round it, Its a good hour walk to walk right around it, when I got home I was totally bloody knackered but felt great, And just this evening (Alone where no one could see) I secretly slipped on one of the other half's aerobic videos, it was really tough going but again I feel great now.

I read somewhere that exercise is better for curing depression and anxiety than even meds (Which I refuse to use anyway)

Does anyone else believe the cure in in exercise?

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

It certainly does help, and I've read that aerobic exercise is best. Maybe swimming?

But it really is horses for courses. Anything beyond walking would freak me out, and so would have to work myself up.

I'm sure others will be along to tell what they've down to help them.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

hi dj funny you should write this as the other night i was so down and fed up and really needed to do something.it took alot of effert and even searching for my exercise video i kept thinking shall i.anyway i did a 40mins work out and was buzzing and could have done allsorts after,i was knackered lol but god i felt loads better and the state of my mind had changed.so i totally agree with you.tracy

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi dj funny you should write this as the other night i was so down and fed up and really needed to do something.it took alot of effert and even searching for my exercise video i kept thinking shall i.anyway i did a 40mins work out and was buzzing and could have done allsorts after,i was knackered lol but god i felt loads better and the state of my mind had changed.so i totally agree with you.tracy

<div align="right">Originally posted by tam - 03 February 2007 : 18:07:24</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Yeah I had forgotten how much of a buzz it gives, Its just getting motivated to do it which is the biggest problem

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

its really good to hear someone saying how something has rally worked for them and about how good they feel. had quite an agitated day and you've cheered me right up.

koko

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

I try to walk twice a week with my friend. We just walk the streets (quite briskly) for an hour or so, chatting and looking at houses. Then we go to Sainsbury's cafe for a cup of tea. I feel so much better for doing this - it takes my mind off my health anxiety and even though I often feel exhausted afterwards I know it is doing me good. I really miss it if we don't go. I definitely recommend it. Hate walking on my own though, just start thinking about stuff and feel more anxious.

It totally works for me too!!

I'm not a complete exercise junkie - just 15 mins a day jogging on my rebounder to music, gets rid of all that horrible anxiety adrenaline and replaces it with a good feeling and a bum you can crack nuts in!!

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It totally works for me too!!

I'm not a complete exercise junkie - just 15 mins a day jogging on my rebounder to music, gets rid of all that horrible anxiety adrenaline and replaces it with a good feeling and a bum you can crack nuts in!!

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 03 February 2007 : 20:52:52</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Mmmm [:P]

hi dj
    i go to pilates once a week, i didnt think it would help, how wrong i was, when ive done that session the feeling of relaxation lasts for 3 to 4 days after, for someone who has agoraphobia and goes on her own is a big step for me, im not going to give that up as it really helps me, i know i need to do more exercise but eh once a week is better than nothing lol

take care

denise

Exercise and diet were the turning point for me and stopped the panic attacks.

Exercise also helps with the sleep too.

Glad it is helping you - stick at it!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Thread Information