Thread: Echo results which scares me

Exclamation Echo results which scares me

Hello everyone.my anxiety started from chest pain and racing heart so of course first i did it was ekg echo and holter all came fine,but after 3 months i did another echo and they found trivial mitral regulation without prolapse my doctor said that its ok and not to worry but we all know that it does not work with people with health anxiety.so i started to use dr.google where i sread that it is most time harmless but than it maylead to sudden cardiac arrest in rare cases thats was the point where all my palipations chest pains and dizzines came back.now i dont Know what to do is trivial mitral regulation without prolapse increases risk of scd?

Re: Echo results which scares me

I think this is one to discuss in more detail with your Dr - or rather a Cardiologist as it's impossible for anyone on the forum to reassure you or explain your specific results.

I can say that mitral valve regurgitation (like many heart problems) can range from very mild to very severe - and from what I know, a mild regurgitation is extremely unlikely to cause arrhythmia or any kind of serious heart problem itself. Your echo would have provided an accurate measurement of the blood flow in, out and around the heart chambers and through the valves of the heart and this is what your Dr/Cardio would have used to classify this as "trivial". Trivial would literally mean barely outside of the normal range. These kinds of slight variances are actually quite common as surprisingly few of us have perfect anatomies. But that doesn't mean these people at any risk.

Any palpitations you experience may well be totally unrelated and are just the completely normal and benign ectopics and flutters that many people get (and anxiety suffers are often much more aware of!)

That said, to be honest, only your Cardiologist can give you a proper explanation of exactly why they were not concerned about this.

Can you get back in touch with them? I'm certain they'll be happy to answer your questions and alleviate your concerns.... good luck!

Thread Information