Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Ct SCANS AT 27

Re: Multiple Ct SCANS AT 27

But you do not have cancer or leukaemia do you? You are just worried about x ray scans causing it loads of people probably millions around the world have x rays everyday how many cases do you see where they say x rays caused cancer?

You are worrying unnecessarily and as such you will be making yourself ill,why not have a chat with the radiologist next time you go to put your mind at rest.?

As i have said i have had many many oral x rays since 1979 and am okay so will you be.

And by the way i am alergic to penicillin too so its not that unusual.

still itchy and head pains hopefully that is normal 3 days after stopping the penicillin, had no blast cells in my cbc and platelets were 133 now up from 127 so I am assuming all my symptoms are not related to cancer right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I had cancer. For 5 days a week for 6 weeks I had radiation treatments. Before each treatment I had a CT scan to help aim the radiation. That's not even counting the x-rays and other scans I had in my life (nuclear stress tests etc). We're talking burn your skin off your neck radiation. Tell me, if it were that detrimental, why would they have treated me? What about the poison (chemo) they pumped into me once a week?

I'm still here. You will be too... for a long time. There are no documented cases of cancer where it was definitively determined that previous testing caused it.

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishmanpa, I read your posts a lot before I joined here, and it really helped me to calm down (I only had 1 CT scan), and congratulations on your winning defeating the cancer.

I just want to make myself more assured (I have ocd), as I read cancer takes time like years, perhaps even up to 20 years, could you tell me when was the last time you were exposed to those radiation devices? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by exbenzo View Post
    Hi Fishmanpa, I read your posts a lot before I joined here, and it really helped me to calm down (I only had 1 CT scan), and congratulations on your winning defeating the cancer.

I just want to make myself more assured (I have ocd), as I read cancer takes time like years, perhaps even up to 20 years, could you tell me when was the last time you were exposed to those radiation devices? thanks in advance.
    Most recent was about two months ago for a CT scan. I had a PET scan about 6 months after treatment (Sept. 2013). I also recently had a nuclear stress test for my heart (a month ago) where they inject radioactive dye and then do a CT scan to see what's going on. Other than glowing a bit in the dark, I'm fine

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Most recent was about two months ago for a CT scan. I had a PET scan about 6 months after treatment (Sept. 2013). I also recently had a nuclear stress test for my heart (a month ago) where they inject radioactive dye and then do a CT scan to see what's going on. Other than glowing a bit in the dark, I'm fine

Positive thoughts
    Great, Fishmanpa. Keep us updated in any case you go to another inspirational experience again regarding this.

I am in the same boat as you, I had four CT scans this month of the abdomen and I am sure I will get leukamia or something horrible...can someone please tell me what the outcome will be and how soon I will get cancer. I have not had many scans in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananya View Post
    I am in the same boat as you, I had four CT scans this month of the abdomen and I am sure I will get leukamia or something horrible...can someone please tell me what the outcome will be and how soon I will get cancer. I have not had many scans in the past.
    Hi No you wont get leukaemia or something horrible, And Cancer is no, no too Whats more important is helping you with your HA Why are you having a scan a week? ATB

Only had one CT scan, but plenty of MRIs scan and not because of my health anxiety I have a condition where I have brain scans every couple of years to check my module, lump, spot whatever it is (non cancerous) cannot be removed as it will kill me or put in a wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi No you wont get leukaemia or something horrible, And Cancer is no, no too Whats more important is helping you with your HA Why are you having a scan a week? ATB
    I had major health anxiety which led me to make these foolish decisions but I wont be having any more scans, the total exposure was almost 100 msv, any chance I will get lukemia from it?

---------- Post added at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by senalarose View Post
    You guys are helping alot its just I still feel I may have gained leukaemia from them all, I have low platelets that finally went from 122 to 130. I am itchy all over and head pains plus pains in my bones it feels. I was on penicillin V for a week but had to stop 2 days before because of possible allergic reaction, been off for 3 days now. I have groin nodes neck nodes sticking out too. All my cbc says is the platelets went up a few. How would I know if it was cancer from the scans? Had a massive breakdown last october which lead to all those scans I never had HA before. COULD those scans have caused leukaemia in me. How do I find out, what is the most accurate test
    I am with you and I feel like I have given myself luekemia..I just hope it won't show up right away. I feel so foolish as I could just gotten an MRI instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananya View Post
    I had major health anxiety which led me to make these foolish decisions but I wont be having any more scans, the total exposure was almost 100 msv, any chance I will get lukemia from it?

---------- Post added at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

I am with you and I feel like I have given myself luekemia..I just hope it won't show up right away. I feel so foolish as I could just gotten an MRI instead.
    Hi Ananya I have already given you my thoughts I cant not keep reassuring you as it keeps the HA Cycle going. and doesn't help you! What I will say again it's your HA convincing you are seriously ill or will be with lukemia It's your HA that needs looking at. ATB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information