Thread: uterine fibroid, tilted uterus and cancer?

uterine fibroid, tilted uterus and cancer?

So for the past few months I've had some stabby pain and general discomfort in pelvic area. Not pain that stops me in tracks, it's just THERE if you know what I mean. I also had sole bleeding after sex.

I've also had some discomfort when urinating. I've always had frequent utis, even since I was a kid.

I had a transvaginal ultrasound on Tuesday and I called the nurse for results. I have a tilted uterus (I expected this) and a uterus fibroid that's just over a cm.

Today I went wees and wiped and I had some bright red blood. I freaked out (sigh) and the whole panic started over again.

So of course here I am on the cancer wave length... Urinary tract cancer, bladder cancer (although I had kidney scan that showed bladder so surely not...?)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: uterine fibroid, tilted uterus and cancer?

I am not sure how much help I can be but I do feel for you as I am post menopausal and have had bleeding due to Vaginal atrophy. I have had no response on here so assume I am in a minority and no-one else has experienced it. I just wanted you to know that someone is reading your post. It does sound quite feasible that you bleeding is due to the tilted uterus and fibroid but I know how it feels; every time you get fresh blood you start thinking 'cancer' again. I am sorry that I cannot help from personal experience of your particular condition but I do think it sounds positive that you have been to the hospital and been diagnosed with something that could be causing this. Surely they would have sent you for more tests if it were inconclusive.

All the best; hopefully the panic will subside soon. if not, speak to your GP.

I am guessing you are pre menopause age so still having periods?? If so then the blood is most probably from your wonb. Are you due a period or just finished one? If you are post meno then ignore above

A transvaginal ultrasound will have seen all there is to see in your womb and ovaries including the thickenss of your womb lining. If they thought there was anything serious you will get called back very quickly so does sound as if you only have a fibroid.

Lyndau - sorry you did not get a response on here to your vaginal atrophy post, I think there are alot of younger people on here rather than us older ladies! Its very very common post meno as I know but does cause panic and invasive tests. HOpe you okay now.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Thank you countrygirl. I am okay at the moment.

I'm pre menopause, 31 of age. Seemed odd spotting, bright red when usually bleeding I've experienced between periods is more brown. Could it be from fibroid?

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help advise,
    I'm 47 and my periods have been a bit all over the place in the last few months, slightly longer or slightly shorter with clear discharge (not smelly) in between (no spotting).
    my period arrived in June and is now in it's 3rd week! I've been to the doctors and she thinks it's most likely the perimenopause. I had a pelvic scan (not vaginal) in December last year along with blood tests and everything was fin. My sister who is ten years older than me and post menopause had Uterine cancer but doc doesn't believe there is any cause for concern. Thanks xx

Thread Information