Thread: Blood Test result

Blood Test result

hi i hope everyones fine, i haven t post here for sometime but im visiting frequently just i had a load of blood test last thurs and an x ray of my neck the doctor just called a while ago and i am really worried just now, he said thyroid is elevate which i really didnt notice if he said elevated or up,blood sugar is up and which i was already taking metformin for it and last is my liver function test,he said i need to investigate,plus an additional mri of the neck..now im already a wreck since i have health anxiety i just cannot silent my mind of the worst things..thankyou for reading and sorry i just need to get this off my chest

Re: Blood Test result

It sounds like this was a shock to you. I know it's harder said than done but you will have to wait for the results to come in. I've heard people having raised levels of something, be it in their thyroid, cholesterol, HPV and more and they live normal lives with no concerns.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thanks Rennie, since ihave this health anxiety its really very hard to dismiss even a small issue and i just came from a very stressful issues my mom had heart attack,a very stressful job and i ended up leaving it for good so tosum things up its not really a good timing for me, thank you for your reply i really appreciate it

Having information unexpectedly passed on over the phone by a GP can be frustrating as you often don't remember what was said and the GP babbles away in medical jargon which can be very unhelpful.

Can you book another GP appointment to discuss the significance of the blood tests results and why you need further investigations? I expect your neck x-ray results were "inconclusive" which means b*gger all and they are suggesting an MRI to get a better picture of your neck?

You could always try to get further explanation over the phone if your GP offers telephone appointments? Good luck and I hope you get further explanations which will ease your anxiety.

As pulisa has said can you either phone or see your Dr for a more in depth explanation. On the thyroid results then if your tsh is elevated this usually means you have an underactive thyroid. Did you have mri because of lump on your thyroid by any chance?? A goitre is very common with thyroid disease.

Being given alot of info at once is very confusing so ask for another explanation from your Dr and it probably will be less scary

Thread Information