Thread: panics and fear of death

panics and fear of death

hi, im43 years young and hav severve panic and anixety disorder. each panic i take i think im dying. i no all about why body goes into panic,what happens to our body in a panic except i cant beleive that its just panic, i fear the worse all the time. it has got to the point were i am sucidal for im so scared. i dont want to die but im so scared of living with this. im agrophobic now and can only go to local shops with my mum, i trust her to be able to cope with me in a bad panic.i hav 2 children living with me,aged22 and24. i feel so alone in this.i hav no one who understands what it feels like to like24/7 with panic.

pjrobb

hi
    you,re not alone now
    welcome to the forum
    many people here have the same fears as you
    its good to talk to people who understand
    i too have difficultly accepting that the symptoms i have are anxiety,but hope that one day we will all come through this!
    take care
    rach x

Hi Pamella,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way - do you know what it is that sets off your feelings of panic? How long have you been feeling like this for? Have you been to see a dr? Even if you are warey of taking medication - they can still refer you for counselling if you think that that would help! Other good things to try are complimentary therapy type things like massage, reflexology, acupunture and hypnotherapy!

Keep smiling hunny - you really are not alone with how you are feeling! I have just written my first post to and am now maming my way through reading everybody elses and it really is a big help. Even though people experience these feelings for different reasons - the fear is still the same as are how it makes you feel and it really is a genuine comfort to read other peoples stories and advice.

How are you feeling now?

Keep us posted on things - thinking about you,

Dawn x

Thanks for the e-mail Pamela - it worked just fine!! It sounds like you have tried a few different types of medication but have you tried any of the counselling or complimentary therapies? Can you rationalise your fear at all or know what it is that scares you so much?

I really do feel for you hun - keep your head up and keep talking about how you are feeling,

Nite nite,

Dawn x

Hi Pam

And welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, you have come to the right place for help and support.
    There are many of us that have felt the same as you hun, so your not alone, things can and do get better.
    You have made a BIG step by joining us on NMP, think of it as your first step to the road of recovery. You will get there Pam !and dont forget your never alone.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi Pamella

You will get lots of help and support here.
    You are not alone.
    My anxiety has been pretty bad these last few days. I've felt awful.
    Had a bad night last night and today feel really down and scared that there is something awful wrong with me.
    I have had loads of p/attacks but still find it so hard to convince myself thats all it is. They are just such a horrible experience!!
    Hang on in there.
    Traceyxxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

elo,

A big warm welcome to ya.. great advice n support here..n ye will make some good friends too that understand..tc x

Take care,
    Lin xxx
    "Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Pamella

You will get lots of help and support here.
    You are not alone.
    My anxiety has been pretty bad these last few days. I've felt awful.
    Had a bad night last night and today feel really down and scared that there is something awful wrong with me.
    I have had loads of p/attacks but still find it so hard to convince myself thats all it is. They are just such a horrible experience!!
    Hang on in there.
    Traceyxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by rosebud - 05 February 2007 : 11:06:32</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    pjrobb

Hi Pamela , I have just found your post and like the other members i understand how you are feeling , I have been so frightened too . It gets so overwhelming , Pamella like another member said look at this as a first step and well done for going to the local shops , we have alot in common , your very welcome to keep in touch with me , i will not hesitate to tell you any information i have on my road to recovery like i said just waiting to see if my meds kick in , you are not alone , maybe you could ask your doctor if help can come to you , because their is nurses out their that help Agraphobics i will let you know how i get on with the nurse , who will visit , stay in touch if you like . take care Dusky x

Thread Information