Thread: Rapid weight loss

Rapid weight loss

Hello,
    so usually I don't weight myself very often, but I know for a fact that a month/a month and a half ago, I was 54 kilos (119 lbs) or so.
    Then I went for holidays and started having the panic episode that's been going on for 13 days now, and noticed the scale showed 52 kilos (114 lbs) ! My grandmother told me it was definitely the scale since every scale is different. But then, a week later, on the same scale, I'm only 50 kilos (110 lbs) !

So sure I've been eating less, plus I have some heartburn and I'm not very hungry, but in less than two weeks I've lost 2 to 4 kilos ? I'm still forcing myself to eat.
    I'm super worried now. My main worry was my heart, but I've had cancer scare episodes and it's completely back.
    I did a bloodtest which came back fine except my thyroid was 0.03 over the reference value.
    Otherwise I'm not terribly fatigued/pale or anything, I don't look sickly but I'd put on 4 kilos during my year and now they're gone in what seems to be no time at all.

Has anxiety ever caused anybody to lose so much weight in so little time ? I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday...

Thanks a lot.

Re: Rapid weight loss

Yes. Last year I dropped about 5kgs in two weeks. I had lost my appetite, was eating less and was burning a lot of energy with relentless negative thought. And like you I didn't have a lot of excess baggage to start with. My BMI is consistently around 25.

U said it urself u have been in panic and depressing mode and not been eating like u would when you panic and have anxiety you lose weight quick, I had a episode 2 years ago where I lost 3 n half stone in 1 month that was scary but it was just because of the anxiety and not eating like I normally would I soon put it back on lol, you had ur blood test ur fine don't worry and the more u worry urself the more ur lose , and don't weigh urself for a month if u get in habit of it ur keep losing it

Thanks 56degree and tmckenzie !
    It's good to hear. It's also true I don't eat like I used to when I was living on my own for uni. My family enforces a much different diet.
    I'll try not to monitor my weight too much and just talk about it with my doctor. Hopefully it won't go down much more because it's hard to keep my head clear when this happens...

IF you said you were eating 5 big meals a day and losing weight that would be different but as you have reduced your food intake thats normal.

One problem HA does or did for me was that even if I was deliberately reducing my food intake to lose weight ( I needed to lose 4 stones) then after a week or two of losing a couple of pounds a week I would develop a new symptom and be convinced this symptom was reason for the weight loss so would up my food intake to prove I could put on weight! This stopped me losing the excess weight for 20 years.

last November I decided to keep a food diary and reduce my calories and I have now lost 26lbs so half way there but there is not a week goes by where I do not at some point worry about my weight loss in case.

grrrr hate ha!

Thread Information