Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried about Rabies, please help me

Worried about Rabies, please help me

I was in the Philippines during a trip and during that time I thought I was bitten by a dog because it brushed pass me, and then I thought I was bitten by a cat because my aunt was bitten. Yes, all these events are completely absurd but as a hypochondriac its hard to get over these problems but in trying. Anyways when i was thinking about the dog bite I stopped thinking about it because I got occupied by thinking if it was cat bite and now I stopped thinking if its a cat bite because for some stupid reason I convinced myself that its probably a bat bite.

During the entire trip there was only two events where I was outside where I may have been bitten by a bat. The first was when I was outside my aunts house during a party with other people. My aunts house is a forest buts its not secluded, there are plenty of other houses. The second time was when we had to move in my grandmas house for the night for a sleepover. It was so dark that night that I couldn't see if there was any bats in the ground and I cant remember if I heard any bats when we were going to the house. The house was also in a forest with other houses, its not in a secluded area. My parents were literally near me because my dad was leading the way because it was so dark. I already asked my parents if they saw any bats during those events and they said no there were no bats, there already so annoyed that Im still thinking about this.

For some reason I convinced myself that it was bat bite because as I mentioned in my post i found an already dry small sound that is 1cm apart, not even sure if ome of those wounds is actually a wound. Now my left leg where I the wounds is located is having these spasms which is only relieved by walking around. I know that this can be easily explained by being caused by anxiety but its not getting through, thats why Im asking for your input.

For the wounds I already proved that they may have been scratched marks by over scratching mosquito bites, many family members have said this. Infact, i proved this by over scratching my self so I cause these wounds and the wound made are somewhat similar do these mystery wounds I sustained.

Ill try to attach a picture but I can't or don't know how to. These pictures were taken 3 months ago.

My question are the following:

Is this a bat bite?

Could a rabid bat at night possibly bit my ankle?

What causing these spasms?

What do you think caused these marks?

How do I stop thinking like this?

King Regards, Solus

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

how do I submit pictures?

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Or links

Re: Worried about Rabies, please help me

Frankly and with respect, the scenario you describe is just as absurd (like you said) as the other scenarios concerning the dog and cat.

As far as refining your thinking. Therapy (CBT) is an effective method. Speak to your doctor about a referral to a therapist and possibly meds to help quell the spiral of irrational thoughts.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 31-07-15 at 18:30.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

http://s359.photobucket.com/user/solus7/profile/
    Please look at the picture and tell its a bat bite or not

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

This was taken 3 months ago and a week after i found them. I don't remember but I think its 2.5 or 3cm apart.
    What is it?

Again, with respect, the scenario and the fact it allegedly took place 3 months ago makes this not something to even be considered worrisome.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

no it isn't a bat bite....Bats avoid humans at all costs and just about the only people who ever get bitten by a bat are those who handle bats a lot and I presume you don't.

Fishmanpa is totally right, about the senario being really quite absurd and you need to get your irrational thinking under control.

I couldn't see if there was any bats in the ground
    You wouldn't see bats on the ground because they would not be on the ground!! they hang themselves upside down in the highest darkest places they can find, church towers, lofts in houses etc. the chances of there being a bat in the grass would be miniscule!

I don't remember but I think its 2.5 or 3cm apart.
    Bats are tiny, the bite would no way be that big, they puncture wounds would be less than a centimetre apart.

So no you have not been bitten by a bat, and that is not a bat bite on your leg

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

But wouldn't rabid bats be on the ground.....
    Im sorry i heard that this story is completely absurd but I just want to cover all that gaps because you know what before I found this site. Ive been in constant anxiety for 3 months. It doesn't feel good.

I do really feel for you as I've had similar worries myself, if you look back at my posts I had a Rabies scare quite recently but also I had one a couple of years ago.

I got some reassuring replies to my concerns so have a look at those because my thought patterns were very similar to how yours are now, I don't think for one minute you have anything to worry about, I know it probably doesn't help you as it didn't help me at the time but think about it they only tell you to be concerned about bats if you wake to find one in your room. Although at the time when I raised this with my GP he said I still think you'd know if a bat bit you.

As others have said bats aren't on the ground and you would have noticed if you'd somehow walked past one that sunk it's teeth into you. For a bat to be on the ground it would be dying or dead and I don't think it would have the energy or inclination to be biting people.

Please try not to worry are you getting any CBT or taking any meds for your HA? When I had my Rabies fear I was put on Fluoxetine and within about 10 days I was actually laughing at my irrational thinking. I'm sure in weeks to come you will be doing the same.

Thank you for everyone posts it's somewhat alleviated a bit of my HA, it helps that im not the only with this problem.

It will really help if someone look at the picture I posted on photobucket; its on the link. That link is not a site bait, I would never do that when Im literally groveling for help.

Please and Thank You

I looked at the picture and replied to you in my reply above, It is NOT a bat bite. Looks like a fairly normal leg to me, the marks, maybe a tiny insect bite but NOT a bat bite

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Other people have also stated its an ingrown hair wound, would it be true in this case?

Its been so long three months, so I don't remember if I felt anything. I know Im overreacting but before I found this site, I was on another page where does guy guy two wounds on his and didnt feel he was bitten by a bat but he got rabies shots. At first, he said he was adviced by his doctors that he was fine but an epidemiologist advice him of getting shots.

I know it getting annoying but please bear with me....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information