Thread: Bowel Problems

Bowel Problems

Hello,

Over the last 3 months or so I have noticed that my bowel movements have been little hit and miss. I went to the doctors three months ago that did an abdominal examination and sent me for some blood tests.

These tests all came back fine and nothing else was said of the matter as she believed I may have IBS, of course I am still worried that it might be something more. I am a 21 year old male my bowel movements seem looser than they used too but not all of the time, I have my good days and my bad days.

I did have a stomach bug about six weeks ago and for around 3 days after that my bowel movements were very normal and what I was used too but this didn't last long and it went back to the off and on looser stools.

Has any body experienced anything like this? Is it IBS or should i be worried?

I will add I don't have any pain or signs of blood in my stool.

Peace

Re: Bowel Problems

It does sound like ibs and stomach bugs can trigger it. If you have no signs of bleeding and your blood tests were fine then you have nothing to worry about. If your symptoms change then I would return to your gp and they may do a stool test for any bacteria.

Thanks for the reply Annie0904,

I was having the stool issues before I actually had the stomach bug, that actually helped the issues clear up for about a week then it went back to having the issues.

Peace

Yeah definitely sounds like Ibs for sure don't worry dude

Yeah I though it points to IBS and thats what the doctor said when I originally went but I accidentally forgot my self and Googled the BIG C and now I'm worrying about it all over again.

Peace

Google it evil

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have lots of gut problems. I figure it's an imbalance of some kind - dysbiosis, Candida or parasites >.<

But erm... then I'm very big on alternative health. I would personally recommend looking into things like Earth Clinic and Markus Rothkranz if you're worried about digestive health

Thread Information