Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paroxetine

Re: Paroxetine

I was kinda thinking about just stopping them without reducing them down too. I think I'd kinda prefer to get it over and done with rather than spreading it out over ages.

I've forgotten to take them before for a day and nothing much happened then. I'll probably just do what my doc says tho, otherwise I'll be worrying about it anyway, lol.

Sounds like you had a bad time with them, I don't really think they were doing a huge amount to me tho. My depression and some of my negative thinking and behaviour seems to have improved, but my anxiety and panic just seems to keep plumbing the depths when I don't think it can get any worse. One of my friends who I told I was taking ad's asked me "how are they making you feel?" and I couldn't really explain it, it wasn't making me feel dramatically different, certainly not "happy".

I'm pleased to hear they aren't making you worse.

I quit them immediately because I was having adverse effects, and just wanted that chemical out of my body.

I guess its entirely your decision on how you come off of them, but I didn't have any problems.

Good luck fella.

wow, been a long time since i posted here do check in from time to time tho,

feel i have to reply to this post, as paroxetene has saved me again!

two yrs ago now i had a complete breakdown, and ended up with severe depression, after trying citalopram i went back onto paroxetene, and have gone onto make a complete recovery, been back at work 18 mths am an early yrs teacher, and my life is fantastic, i can honestly say i love life again and am living it to the full.
    All i hear and read is negative about this drug, yes withdrawal is AWFUL but ive done it thrice and will do it again
    Citalopram now seems to be the drug of cvhoice at the moment but that again can have withdrawal effects, as a friend has found out, but because it is newer there is no data on it yet.
    what i would say to anyone concerning ssri do your research but be open minded, i know because ot the negative publicity paroxetene has had i didnt wnt to go on it again, but the real truth of the matter is if i had not of done, my 3 beautiful children would of grown up motherless!

I saw my GP today and the recomendation was to reduce by 10mg per week I'm on 30 now) and gave me some Valium in case things get too bad. I'm gonna see how I feel on 20 for the first few days and then decide what to do. Wish me luck...

Jimbo

the shortest time i was on seroxat was 12 wks and looking back i did have withdrawal symptons then, but because i was pregnant i put it down to that.
    the best way to withdraw is to do it really slowly, it took me 9 mts last time coming down from 20mg, personally i think you coming down 10mg straight away is too much, i wld do less either by cutting a tablet in half or by using the seroxat liquid.
    in which you can do it in mls using an oral syringe. gps dont like prescribing the liquid as its really expensive, so dont tell you its availiable.
    good luck

Well my first day on 20mg is nearly over. I think this is gonna be tougher than I first thought. :(

My anxiety levels have definately increased and today feels like the longest day ever, like it should be really late by now. I guess I haven't felt too much worse than normal, will see what happens tomorrow.

Urgh, today has been pretty awful. Been feeling agitated, shaky, like there is nothing I can do to relax or take my mind off everything and very tearful. I had to phone up the benefits people as they sent me a letter asking me to go for an interview about my "work prospects", after various amounts of unanswered ringing lines and being transfered to different people as the person who sent the letter forgot to put their name or any reference on it, I had to tell them I didn't think I could go and instead they are going to do it over the phone.... yet another thing to look forward too.:(

I've spent most of the day in bed not wanting to get up, feeling like my negative depressive thoughts are starting to get out of control again. Went down to get a drink earlier and my housemates have some friends round playing trivial pursuit on the tv. I appeared in my dressing gown and everyone kinda looked at me like "what are you doing being ready for bed at 9 on a friday night?" I'm absolutely petrified to go down there again. I feel so embarrassed and angry with myself for not being able to cope.

I have been on paroxetine for a few years now with no real problems, except that after a coupla months I seemed to need more and am currently on 60 mg. reducing them is going to be hard I think!

I eventually slept pretty well last night, apart from waking up really early this morning. I don't feel quite so bad about yesterday now. I normally feel worse in the evenings, so I guess it's all to be expected.

I just want this to be over so I can get on with taking the new meds, I've read mainly positive comments about Venlafaxine so I'm hoping this will finally be the one that helps me. My psyche sounded like this was the last try with ad's and was talking about a low dose of anti-psychotics if they don't help. :S

I've got my next doctors apt in a week and a half. I was told I will have to be off Paroxetine for 4-5 days before starting Venlafaxine. So my plan is to reduce down to 10mg in the next few days then stop altogether 5 days before my appointment so I can start straight away.

I guess this is turning into another one of those Paroxetine withdrawal threads there's already so many of. Hopefully it will help other people who are going through the same thing. It is at least helping me get out how I'm feeling instead of constantly questioning myself and worrying about it.

So far I'm doing ok, I've had my bad moments and I think the depression is creeping back a bit slowly. I haven't had too many physical symptoms so far, except for a few weird muscle spasms, I've woken up a few times in the night with a kind of odd 'jump'. I guess that's the electric shock type things that other people describe. It's nothing anywhere near as bad as I was expecting tho.

I'm going to reduce to 10mg tomorrow and see how I go with that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information