Thread: need advice on books cd's etc

need advice on books cd's etc

hi everyone hope you all ok out there!! just a little note to ask if anyone has tried any dr claire weekes books/cd's or the linden method??

Hello

Have read the Claire Weekes book self help for your nerves its very good....

Here is a link to the recommended reading on this site.

Reading for sufferers of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

Steph

Thanks Steph

Steve - yes most definately start with Claire Weekes 'Self Help for your Nerves'. Highly recommended!!

I would also recommend some of the cd's by the charity NoPanic - I have their muscle relaxation one and although the voice is a lovely sort of 1940's Mrs Chomley-Warner it works a treat!!

I also like Glenn Harrold's range of cd's particularly 'Complete Relaxation'.

If you look on Amazon for Claire Weekes and Glenn Harrold you can read the reviews of what other people think of them too, to help you make your mind up.

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Like Piglet would totally agree with her advice and try it mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Hi Steve.

I bought Clairs Weekes' book about a month ago. I got about 12 pages into it and had to stop. While I suffer badly from anxiety, I'm blessed in a way as I get very few symptoms compared to most. Still as debilitating, but symptoms wise very few from the many possible. So I got to a section describing all kinds of things I don't have and just didn't want to read on. Probably the same reason I don't read a lot of posts on NMP because I'm worried I'll end up checking for things I'd never have thought of.

Don't let that put you off though. The reason I bought the book in the first place was because of all the wonderful recommendations I'd read about it. Maybe I should just skip a chapter and start from there

I do have a lot of relaxation, self help and self hypnosis stuff on my PC. The most useful of the lot I've found is Paul McKennas Postitivity series. I listen to one part of it every night when I go to sleep. While it doesn't turn you into Superman overnight I believe it is improving my outlook on life.

I'm far from being over my problems, but I do now believe that I can overcome them. Thats a positive shift in attitude from where I was at before I started listening to Mr McKenna.

Krakers.

Krackers when I first got the book I was like you - I didn't want to read anything that may give me 'ideas'!! I was scared and panicky just reading the first page. This changed very quickly though into major reassurance as I turned a few more pages!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Steve,

I totally agree with Piglet. Claire Weekes self help for your nerves worked wonders for me. The reasurrance it gave me espically about my symptoms had me on cloud nine.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Thanks guy for you advise, thats given me food for thought.

Pleased all the advice has helped you. I read a great book but it is stored in my daughters bedroom so when she goes to school tomorrow will get the title and pm you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information