Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Good luck! Hope it works well for you

Best of luck for both of you and will be thinking about you both. Let us know how you are getting on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

I am half way through a 6 week course of councelling for Anxiety and Panic attacks . It is great to talk to someone who totally understands .
    My councellor has got me to keep a Diary of every attack I have . you have to include every single detail . Most importantly you have to Write down what you were thinking about at the time of the attack . It is easier said than done . You may not think you are thinking about anything , but you have to learn to dig deep into your thoughts to find the trigger and try to break the circle . I am learning slowly .
    Give it a go . Good luck Talisman.

Hi Craigh just posted to you on your post, but you are so right you have to dig deep into those thoughts however hard it is. I did it. My moemories were horrible and very vivid but not as tough as the anxiety i was suffering. Best of luck mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

It sounds a bit scary :s
    Do they set u tasks too? Such as going on a bus journey, things like that?

No they dont at all, initially they access you and then they decide the best way forward for you. They dont push you, as they understand your difficulities. Its about facing them and approaching them and they only do that when they know you understand what they are asking.

Love Sal xx

I've been suffering from panic attacks for over 7 years now. Believe it or not I didn't realise they were panic attacks until just recently. I would complain constantly to my mum and doctor that I was afraid of being dizzy all the time. They told me there was nothing wrong and to stop thinking about it.

I was sent to a therapist to practice CBT but they just gave me a list of 'coping' strategies and distraction techniques. But the whole flipping point of anxiety is that it makes you concentrate on the ever so near threat - which in the case of a panic attack are the sensations. I decided I was fed up of just 'coping' and deep down I knew I wasn't going to live with this forever. I'm not particularly spiritual but everything happens for a reason right? I came across a new technique by a former sufferer of panic attacks called Joe Barry. Have a look at his panic portal website.

The best thing about is it doesn't take months to get results infact some people have found that they have become free of panic attacks in just one day! It does take effort a lot of courage and a bit of practise but the results last a life time and it doesn't matter how long you've suffered from panic attacks either.

Well it's worth a look.

CBT - worked for me....however, I have had a bad time of late so I am going back for some more sessions. It was good to talk to someone who seemed to understand.

Alistair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information