Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The funny side of anxiety😃

Smile The funny side of anxiety😃

So it's not often we can see the funny side of anxiety, because let's face it its blooming horrible, but I thought I'd start a thread to share some of anxieties more ridiculous moments.
    I'll start, so yesterday I thought I'd pluck my eyebrows, I started on one side drawing it in with a black eyeliner first to see the shape (daft I know). Mid way through I had a panic attack and gave it up as a bad job. Later in the evening when I felt a bit better I ventured to the supermarket talking with a few neighbours on the way. I came home really anxious and paranoid because I was getting weird looks. It was only when I saw my self in the hall way mirror that I realised I still had the one black eyebrow! Duh!

Re: The funny side of anxiety😃

I wish I had a funny story or two! at the moment with me its all to fresh to be funny, but I loved hearing about your eyebrow! thank you for sharing it! Its soo good to try to look on the bright side- thanks for making me smile!

Quote Originally Posted by flisco View Post
    I wish I had a funny story or two! at the moment with me its all to fresh to be funny, but I loved hearing about your eyebrow! thank you for sharing it! Its soo good to try to look on the bright side- thanks for making me smile!

You will do eventually when you start to feel better and in the meantime I can amuse you with my embarrassing antics! Hugs xxx

I have told this story on here before but this is a suitable place to tell it again...
    Recently I was about to leave for the dentist when my tongue felt a bit prickly, so I looked in the mirror and it was a kind of purply colour!!! So, I inmediately started to panick thinking I was going to die, I even thought it was swelling. So, I headed to the dentist with my heart pounding. On my way there I kept looking at my tongue and decided I had to rush to hospital because I was probably suffocating to death. On my way to the hospital I suddenly remembered that I had been eating cherries and that's why it was that colour!!!!
    Lucky I hadn't quite arrived to A&E, that would have been waaay too embarassing

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

I will just add that, of course, this was funny afterwards...at the time I wasn't laughing

Great thread.

My anxiety issues are few and far between these day but a few years back I was a nervous wreck. I went through a period of having the most horrendous headaches & earaches which affected my neck & shoulders. I was miserable and paranoid that something was very wrong. Anyway, I needed a break from work one day and decided to go for a lunchtime walk. I came back feeling a little more refreshed but suddenly started hearing very quiet mumbling voices. I asked colleagues if they could hear them.... no! I started to quietly panic. This went on randomly for the next hour or so until I thought I had eventually lost the plot. I went in my bag to get my mobile to call my other half.... and guess what....... I had left my earphones plugged into my IPhone and my music was still playing !! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What an idiot! xx

Quote Originally Posted by sial72 View Post
    I have told this story on here before but this is a suitable place to tell it again...
    Recently I was about to leave for the dentist when my tongue felt a bit prickly, so I looked in the mirror and it was a kind of purply colour!!! So, I inmediately started to panick thinking I was going to die, I even thought it was swelling. So, I headed to the dentist with my heart pounding. On my way there I kept looking at my tongue and decided I had to rush to hospital because I was probably suffocating to death. On my way to the hospital I suddenly remembered that I had been eating cherries and that's why it was that colour!!!!
    Lucky I hadn't quite arrived to A&E, that would have been waaay too embarassing

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

I will just add that, of course, this was funny afterwards...at the time I wasn't laughing
    Brilliant! It's never funny at the time but you've got to laugh! Thanks for sharing hon!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meche View Post
    Great thread.

My anxiety issues are few and far between these day but a few years back I was a nervous wreck. I went through a period of having the most horrendous headaches & earaches which affected my neck & shoulders. I was miserable and paranoid that something was very wrong. Anyway, I needed a break from work one day and decided to go for a lunchtime walk. I came back feeling a little more refreshed but suddenly started hearing very quiet mumbling voices. I asked colleagues if they could hear them.... no! I started to quietly panic. This went on randomly for the next hour or so until I thought I had eventually lost the plot. I went in my bag to get my mobile to call my other half.... and guess what....... I had left my earphones plugged into my IPhone and my music was still playing !! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What an idiot! xx
    I bet your mind came up with all sorts, lol! Thanks for sharing hon xx

Re: The funny side of anxiety��

You're well on the way to "beeting" your anxiety with these funny tales, Paul!

I've always had a pretty dark sense of humour and with a couple of autistic adult children and a golf addict husband to say we are a dysfunctional family is an understatement. Humour has always featured greatly in my life- even through the darkest days of hospitalisation-and I try to see the funny side of my issues. I try also to help my children deal with their angst by using humour as a way to lighten the load and this is no mean feat with their ASD diagnoses but it does work-sometimes!

Thanks for this thread. It's a great antidote to anxiety.

Ooooh my God, I was crying with the beetroot story )))
    I had another one where my daughter was sick and there were all bits of red in the sick, so I thought it was blood, I rushed her to A&E, she was sick there again and I said in a state of total panic: seeee, she's bleeding through her mouth!!!! And the nurse said couldn't it be something she has eaten that was red? So I said Nooooo!!! (all this crying) she had eggs and chips!!!....and then I remembered...oooops, oh yes and loads of Ketchup ))

"I'll eat something healthy and managed to eat a whole packet of beetroot"

Haha. I'm glad you're not my nutritionist Paul.

I can't think of any funny anxiety stories. Last year I ate that much chocolate half of my face and one finger went numb and my doctor sent me directly to hospital in my running gear because he feared I'd had a stroke, on my birthday, on my own, in my shorts and trainees. That wasn't funny. Turns out it was migraine symptoms brought on by eating too much chocolate and probably a bit of anxiety thrown in there. I don't remember laughing that much though

Genius folks, keep em coming xxx thanks for the cheer ups xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information