Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cbt 3rd meeting

Cbt 3rd meeting

I have had my 3rd meeting today which was basically a assement, The guy said i musnt ask reasurance from my mrs or anybody, and said its not healthy to be on a health anxiety forum , i said i do find it helps my anxiety though being on the forum and he said in the short term its helping but long term its not , So you need to stop posting on the forum , LoL, :( :( :( haha

Re: Cbt 3rd meeting

So basically, be on your own with it all and wait for your weekly CBT wonder class? These people need a reality check or walk a day in our shoes....

I wonder why he said that or even asked ? (being on a health anxiety forum)
    Half the battle in any therapy is getting on with the therapist as you are basically divulging very private info to a complete stranger,regardless of their qualifications.

Do you like this guy as you obviously aren't doing what he suggested.

If I don't see you again, all the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by tmckenzie-orr View Post
    I have had my 3rd meeting today which was basically a assement, The guy said i musnt ask reasurance from my mrs or anybody, and said its not healthy to be on a health anxiety forum , i said i do find it helps my anxiety though being on the forum and he said in the short term its helping but long term its not , So you need to stop posting on the forum , LoL, :( :( :( haha
    I've said so much many times. It's cathartic to write out your fears and feelings and there's a certain amount of comfort knowing you're not alone but it also feeds the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanutter View Post
    So basically, be on your own with it all and wait for your weekly CBT wonder class? These people need a reality check or walk a day in our shoes....
    Basically yes... The week or so away from a forum seeking reassurance in the short term will help you in the long term. The times you are struggling and using the techniques you're being taught are much more beneficial than seeking reassurance.

Does an oncologist have to be a survivor to treat cancer? Same point applies. "Those people" deal with people who are struggling with these issues on a daily basis and have been doing so for years.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Im gonna Try and not seek reasurance and post about myself, but i want to stay on here i think it helps even replyin to people and helping others with there anxietys, I really enjoying speakin to you guys on here and by pm, xxxxxxxxx

The forum will always be here in a couple of weeks. Why not take a week off and see if it does help? Worse case scenario is that you see no improvement and start posting again in a week.

nah i think ill just try and not post anything to seek reasurance with, but will continue to post as it does help by helping people ,

Quote Originally Posted by tmckenzie-orr View Post
    nah i think ill just try and not post anything to seek reasurance with, but will continue to post as it does help by helping people ,
    Regardless of your motives, you're doing something completely counter to what a trained mental health professional is advising.

I agree with yenool in taking a break. Being here and reading others posts (aside from responding) is still reassurance seeking behavior. Those that seek the healing path are told the same thing. That's why you no longer see them on the boards.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is one week of not coming on here really going to make a difference ?

I respect you Fishmanpa but when you say "Those that seek the healing path are told the same thing. That's why you no longer see them on the boards" does that imply they are cured or on the way to recovery, and if so wouldn't it be beneficial to hear from them to encourage others, rather than just vanish..

its a hard one it really is as i do enjoy speaking to you guys , But at same time i want to do what he says i just want to be better i really do, Is that not a good enough compramise not to post reasurance posts on here? im in a confused moment lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information