Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still bothered with clicking noise on top of skull

Still bothered with clicking noise on top of skull

I've been looking everywhere on this site but no one has ever mentioned about having a clicking noise at the top of their head. It's not painful just annoying and making me think the worst that it could be bleeding on the brain or an aneurysm. It's really getting me down and everyone keeps putting it down to my neck or anxiety. But can a clicking noise in my neck really travel to the top of my head. It's really upsetting me.

Re: Still bothered with clicking noise on top of skull

I hate this I've just had that noise again and I'm really tempted to Google it. I'm terrified that I'm going to have an aneurysm or bleeding on the brain.

The answer to your question is yes yes yes. I think I replied to your older posts about this and explained that when I strained a tendon in my neck everytime I moved my head it sounded like rifle shots going off in my skull and it took 4 months to go away.

Does the noise only come on when you move your head?
    If its happening randomly then the other possibility is a sinus issue as your sinuses can make very loud clicking noises and you have sinuese in your forehead, its nothing serious and usualy means your sinuses have lots of gunk in them. Have you tried steam inhalations if you thnk sinuses may be to blame?

I had this for many years, mainly when i was running or jumping. It was exactly on the top of my head. I was so used to it that i didn`t even thought about it anymore. But now it stopped for some reason. No one was able to tell me what it was

Mine seem to happen when I'm sitting down and but also happen when I walk too. It's mg own fault for going on Google and reading peoples medical stories. My Mum told me that if it was an aneurysm that I wouldn't be here right now and she has threatened to take my phone away so I'll stop checking.

Have you asked your Mom about getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I've just answered a questions over the phone that were about my different anxieties and problems I have. Now I'm just waiting for a date for my first face to face session with a counsellor.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie yog View Post
    Yes I've just answered a questions over the phone that were about my different anxieties and problems I have. Now I'm just waiting for a date for my first face to face session with a counsellor.
    That's great! I'm really glad to hear this. You're too young to be help captive by worries. My daughter is 22 and she's suffered from anxiety and depression. Her mother and I made sure she got help and she's doing awesome!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

To tell you the truth I can't wait to start. My anxiety/depression has been bothering a lot the past few days but today has been horrible. I keep thinking that I'm going to drop dead with an brain aneurysm. It's horrible and the whole day feels like a nightmare. Right now when I'm typing this the world feels like it's spinning around me and I'm getting eye pain like a pin is getting stabbed into it.
    Last edited by natalie yog; 14-08-15 at 18:44.

I have this too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information