Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back online

Back online

Hi all

It certainly has been a while (for me) since I have been here.

I apologise for disappearing but I have had a lot going on in life. Worst Year Ever to put it mildly.

A lot has changed so thought I would post an update...hopefully some of my friends are still around.

So, pretty much a year ago I became acutely unwell with my depression. I was in and out of psych wards and A & E for overdoses until February. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

My breakdown destroyed me, I started again from scratch. I ended my marriage after having an affair. I haven't been fair on my husband at all. He gave his all to me and my health. Completely devoted. But to be honest I think I settled when I got with him....so it was always going to end....an I hope we will both be better off for it...I have been so far.

So yes I had an affair....something that haunts me. The only positive from it is the fact I fell completely in love. And I am still with the man in question....he has been amazing. Yes we have had ups and downs....I am still quite unstable so he has put up with a lot.

I was homeless from March to May.....and to be honest I am only just settled in my new flat hence me not being around.

I have taken a career break for a year.

I am awaiting therapy....apparently 6 month wait from now.

I am actually trying to resolve my demons rather than bottle them up.

I still have my terrible days.....but now I do actually have OK days....which is a miracle.

Hopefully I can start to rekindle relationships that I abandoned when I had given up on the world...

Jac

Re: Back online

Quite a lot has happened, would be an understatement,Jac and it's brave of you to be so honest. Hopefully you can move forward given time.

I enjoyed our frequent chats Nice to see you back.

Hey Hun wb maybe see you in chat for a catch up

Lovely to see you back hun, you've been through a hell of a lot... but so glad you're still with us, big hugs x

Hey good to hear from you and wow, what a year. Onwards and upwards right? Are you waiting for cbt? One therapy that is really proven to help borderline personality disorder is dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) if that's available to you. It might be worth looking into.

Hey jac :-)

Really good to hear from you
    I'm not on here often but still around on f/b.

Rach

sorry to hear that u have been thru so much glad things seem to be looking up for u.
    its nice to see u back

Thanks all.

I am awaiting mentalisation behavioural therapy....a newer different variation of dbt I think...apparently that's another 6 months.

Welcome back Jac! It sounds like you've had a tough year but hopefully you will come through this stronger.

Jacs! Through the ups and downs, the bad and the good, you are, and always will be, a wonderful person. Think it is safe to say that a lot of people here have had the pleasure of calling you their friend and I for one hope I can continue to do so for a long time to come.

Just. Keep. Swimming.

If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. Winnie-the-pooh

Up ahead they's a thousan' lives we might live, but when it comes it'll on'y be one. Ma Joad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information