Thread: coffee

coffee

ugh..why is coffee so awesome for like an hour when you drink it then 3 hours later you are wired and anxious and wish you hadnt.....stupid caffeine..

Re: coffee

That seems to be the problem with a lot of lovely things in life

If I have one proper coffee as in ground not instant then I will literally be awake all night and buzzing. I never touch coffee with caffeine but sometimes when buying coffee out even though I have asked for decaff I have been given normal coffee and I can always tell!

Keep off the full strength coffee

The strong ones are likely to be a big mistake with anxiety, and especially a symptom focused person of which HA is at the more extreme end, but you might tolerate lower caffeine products me easily like tea.

I found some of these things are more of an issue earlier on in recovery when you are worse and anything is triggering you. As I started recovering I was OK with a few cups of tea.

Coffee is one of my favorite things in life..ive been using it as a reward if i go a day without visiting google i get my morning cup the next day..if i dont no coffee for me :-)...here in the states we are a nation of caffeine addicts :-)

I`m addicted to coffee basically... Really really addicted, i drink up to 3 cups a day, regular caffeinated of course. I like the taste and the smell. Sometimes it keeps me awake at night but i won`t give it up it`s just so good

I limit myself to one or two cups a day otherwise I'm up all night! I started taking coffee when I started taking mirtazipine as it literally knocked me out, and I could not wake up in the morning. Now I'm off the mirt I'm trying to give up the coffee as it cant be good for my anxiety!

GoWhiteSox - I agree!! I have to have it. It is my morning routine and honestly the routine of drinking it and waking up helps me calm down in the morning .. doesn't make sense, does it? But it kicks in by the time I get to work and I am more focused.

I love it. I tell myself it helps prevent cancer - hah! That was actually in the news. Makes me feel better about drinking it ... I cut myself off before 3 PM though so I can sleep.

I am pretty symptom-focused and have HA but coffee never really affected my anxiety thank god!!

Thread Information