Thread: Hi, I'm new, stomach issues

Hi, I'm new, stomach issues

This is my first post. I've had health anxiety for many years along with embryo phobia. The severity of my health anxiety wavers as I've had therapy and have my ' crutches' in place for when I'm having a wobble. I have suffered with panic attacks in the past which led to acrophobia. Luckily that is ok now, although when I feel poorly it creeps back in. Anyway in the past couple of years I've had ovarian cancer, brain tumour, Ms, cervical cancer, the list goes on. Had numerous blood tests and scans all came back fine. I am now suffering with lump in my throat, burping and pain in my upper back and a bit of acid. So of course I have stomach/oesophageal cancer. All these years I've had lots of tests but the one I refuse to have is an endoscopy. I can't bear the thought of a tube down my throat making me gag. I know they have sedation etc but even so, I've read the horror stories. So I'm sure my anxiety about it all is making my symptoms worse. I have been given some ppis by my doc, but scared of taking just in case they make me ill. I hate this, it's a vicious circle. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hi, I'm new, stomach issues

Not sure if ive posted this correctly as no replies. Ill give it another go.

Re: Hi, I'm new, stomach issues

Hi There

That was me 5 years ago .

The lump in the throat feeling .....there is No lump its called globus and its the throat is just a little tight either from acid (if its reflux) or anxiety .

It really does feel like a lump , the more you think about it the more you notice it , mine went on for months and you really have to ignore it

The burping and back pain ...classic me when i had it plus other aches and pains .

I worried so much it made it worse , like you i would not have an endo scope but mates who have say its really no biggie .

PPI,S .....nothing to worry about taking them i,m still on them .

Give them a try there very safe never had a side effect .

I,m struggling with HA again at the moment so dont know when i will be back on i,m trying to keep busy out doors , but if you need a chat or any other questions if you send a PM it will go to my email so i can reply .

I,m no Doctor but been through this and it can take awhile to go as the more you worry the more Acid your stomach produces

This link might help ......... http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/re...slt/Globus.pdf

Dont bother googling if you have been worse thing i ever did .

Welcome to the forum BTW O)
    Last edited by Greenman50; 16-08-15 at 18:29. Reason: ADDED A LINK...

Thread Information