Thread: Not good this morning

Not good this morning

So feeling really low this morning.

My anxiety doesn't seem quite so bad since stopping the fluoxetine but it's this awful feeling of doom. I can't stop worrying about Leukemia.

I've spoken to 4 doctors about this virus and although I generally feel ok in myself (apart from the anxiety) I still have a blocked ear, still loads of post nasal drip and I'm coughing.

The doctors have said it's catarrah from the virus I had and it can take 6-8 weeks for it to clear but I can't stop thinking there's something wrong with my immune system.

When I said this to the doctor and told her how I'd picked up a few more colds this year than normal she said "you've started working in an infant school which is the worst possible place to work for picking up bugs" . She also said what I'm experiencing is perfectly normal and it will clear.

Just can't stop worrying and fearing the worst. I know the anxiety probably isn't helping this but I just want to feel normal again.

Re: Not good this morning

It is the anxiety that is not letting you trust what doctors are telling you, so you have to really do something that will help lower the anxiety.
    Do you exercise at all? X

At the moment I'm not I can just about get myself up and face the day I do have a Gym membership and once I've got over this current bout of anxiety I am planning to go back and start exercising regularly.

I see what you mean but rather than waiting for the anxiety to go to start exercising, the idea is the exercise will help the anxiety to go, it really does burn off excess adrenaline and help to relax.
    If you can't face the gym maybe there is something you could do at home?

the thing about anxiety is you cant wait till your anxiety is gone to get out and do things..you have to force yourself..feel the fear and do it anyway..right now you have a horrible fear of fear, as you become ok with being afraid and see you can function while you are afraid the fear will have less power over you

My mum worked in schools for decades and hac many colds each year. It's well known in schools. She would have them for ages too.

Right now you have tapered off one SSRI and are starting on a SNRI, you may struggle with energy but it will pass so if you can't exercise it may just be a bit of this too.

Thanks Terry, I feel a lot better today, I know the school thing is correct everyone I spoke to says the same it's just when the anxiety kicks in it's very easy to jump from one thing to another.

I actually feel really relaxed today and sleepy! Last night was the first night I've had a proper sleep and today I feel like I could sleep all day. The Dr did say once the Venalfaxine kicks in I would probably feel very fatigued as I've been running on adrenaline for a few weeks.

What made me laugh is she also added "and don't worry it's normal" on the end of it. She could obviously see me ringing her up this week worried that I feel really tired!

I actually think it's just my sinuses acting up, I probably could have done with some antibiotics as the mucus was coloured for a while and then one side cleared completely and it switched to the other side draining, exactly the same started coloured and is now clear so I think it's just been a bit of a sinus infection and they can take forever to go, still I'm persevering with the sinus rinses and the steam inhalation.

Thread Information