Thread: Sertraline 50mg

Sertraline 50mg

Hey guys, apologies if this is for elsewhere - I'm rubbish at forums and I'm new!

I've noticed quite a few...well...I think side effects after 2 weeks of being on this Sertraline stuff, 50mg. Both physical and psychological symptoms, mainly the latter. I was wondering what anyone else's experiences have been on this drug?

Jack.

Re: Sertraline 50mg

Hi, I am currently on my 9th day of taking sertraline and my anxiety is sky high, what sort of side effects are you having if you don't mind me asking?

jackdobs,

Sertraline was not fun at first! I felt like my eyes were being sucked into my head or pulled out or oddly enough both at the same time. I felt cloudy, fuzzy - just out of it. I was up to 100 mg at once I believe - long time ago - was at 50 mg last time I was on it though for a period of about 1 1/2 years. It did help me a bit but after I came off it I was much happier. I had eating issues with it/throat blockage feelings with dosage increases/starting up the pills. A lot of symptoms were like anxiety symptoms amplified but they did eventually go away - otherwise I wouldn't have lasted 1 1/2 years on it. Out of all the anti-depressants/anxiety reducers I ever took though this was by far the best and had the least symptoms though - so I hope it works well for you while you are on it. I had been on many others before and none agreed with me ok like this did, I do have to say.
    They do make you sleepy or change your sleep schedule a bit at first though!

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kay1986 View Post
    Hi, I am currently on my 9th day of taking sertraline and my anxiety is sky high, what sort of side effects are you having if you don't mind me asking?
    Kay,

My side effects disappeared after a few weeks. It always depended on the dosage and if you started small and went higher slowly or if you just started a high dosage right off the bat. I noticed high dosages right off the bat made the anxiety bad. My doctors also prescribed me Xanax so a lot of my symptoms from it were masked. I think you'll start to feel better sooner rather than later. If you keep feeling horrible though, definitely good to bring up with your prescribing doctor. From my experience, I've noticed sometimes doctors have to play with the dosage for a bit to get to what each individual needs/can tolerate comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by kay1986 View Post
    Well I'm experiencing teeth grinding a lot as a nervous thing, and I think it's made the side of my tongue quite sore, which resulted in this weird white ulcer thing on my tongue which has been clearing up and more or less gone. I've also had some minor sleep issues and general feelings of dread and fear. Anxiety very high.

But then I've also been getting a hot sensation in my mouth, almost like a sore throat but no pain swallowing...and on the roof of my mouth I can see it looks red and irritated but my partner says there's nothing strange when he looked.

Thread Information