Thread: Nervous about costs of cardiologist

Nervous about costs of cardiologist

I went to see a cardiologist for the first time today and had an EKG stress test. I was surprised because no one asked for a copay. They scheduled me for a 24 hour holter monitor, echocardiogram, and chest x-ray.

I am nervous now, because I have read online about people being billed hundreds or thousands of dollars. How much exactly do these tests costs? My insurance is pretty good, but I worry a lot about how many tests I have done. :(
    ""Now, Now, and Now again: for that instant that is full of everything that makes up your true life but is always just out of reach, first seeming only an arm's length away but forever out of reach, and the effort makes you tired but you can see it just out of reach, always it is out of reach..." ~ Jamaica Kincaid, See Now Then

Re: Nervous about costs of cardiologist

Costs can vary greatly depending on the doctor or hospital. A simple phone call to the office will answer your questions.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for your reply. Now I just need to work up the courage to call. I hate talking on the phone, ha.
    ""Now, Now, and Now again: for that instant that is full of everything that makes up your true life but is always just out of reach, first seeming only an arm's length away but forever out of reach, and the effort makes you tired but you can see it just out of reach, always it is out of reach..." ~ Jamaica Kincaid, See Now Then

I have heart disease so I see my cardiologist regularly (every 6 months) and I'm tested once a year to keep tabs on my condition. It's not cheap. My last visit and nuclear stress test was over $800 after insurance. Fortunately, my insurance helps a little bit and I just work out payments with them.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information