Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venlafaxine newbie

Re: Venlafaxine newbie

Thanks guys. I am happy to say that I am clear of all side effects and the constipation I had in the first 3 days is gone. I have no libido/anorgasmia issues either which I was very worried about since I got married this year. The only thing which I'm not even sure could be caused by the pill is that I started getting hives on my arm and I do get them normally but never before have they appeared in that area. But it's ok.

I still feel anxious when I'm outside, have my usual fear of vertigo, have difficulty walking and crossing streets and I'm closer to panicking more so than before. I also get social anxiety which is new for me. I went to a restaurant the other night and I felt incredibly tense, panicky, like in a dream and at one point was afraid to even move. I'm on day 8 and looking forward to finally getting some benefit!
    Last edited by mishas; 27-08-15 at 10:33.

Another update. I tried going out yesterday on my own and was out for 2 hours, the most horrible 2 hours of my life. I felt so confused and scared, I would walk 2 steps and would freeze, couldn't walk unless there was a wall nearby and had to make stops to sit somewhere closer to the ground. I was so ashamed of myself, my fear has never been so extreme! I feel like a prisoner now, this has never happened before. My pdoc said I had to wait for at least 2 weeks before I feel an effect and should take light tranquilizers in the meantime (he told me several, some herbal). But I don't feel the physical parts of the anxiety, I'm just afraid and feel so crap that I can't go anywhere :(

As time goes by this should alleviate. I couldn't go out for awhile but that was because the side effects had my legs either bound up with tension or like jelly, unreliable. Visual issues and fuzzy brain too. I think the side effects sometimes affect each of us differently, try to be patient, they do pass. Keep posting xx

Well it's been almost 3 weeks now. I am making slow progress, I don't feel as terrified to go out but I still have problems walking on my own. I feel better if the dog is with me or I am carrying something heavy. Even though both of these things are a burden that's better than not being able to go outside at all.

On the downside, my hives are getting worse, I am itching almost all the time, I will get them checked out tomorrow. I also feel like even if I am extremely tired I can't nap at all during the day. On the weekend I walked for an hour in the heat after a night of camping and when I got home I started cleaning, I was exhausted after that but couldn't fall asleep, I had to wait to take my trazodone and then drifted off. Also I am noticing that I am misreading words a lot and I am absent-minded.

All in all I feel calmer but since I've been dealing with anxiety ever since I was 6, I don't feel like myself at times, I feel numb. On the other hand I find it easier to communicate with people and bond. Time will tell what all of this will lead to.

Mishas, how'd you make out about the hives today? what did the doc say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information