Thread: Panic on holiday

Panic on holiday

I'm on holiday in Europe for 2 weeks, on the first day of the holiday I had a terrible panic attack during a walk after slipping over. Since then I've felt really isolated and panicky every day. Always feeling close to another panic attack. To the point where I hide in the bathroom hoping time goes by faster so I can get home. I'm on holiday with the other halfs family which doesn't help matters.

I don't really know how to cope apart from shutting myself away inconspicuously whenever I can.

Any coping strategies much appreciated.

Re: Panic on holiday

I try to forget anxious episodes as quickly as possible. Don't keep hold of them.

Look forward now and focus on what things there may be for you to enjoy. Do a bit of visualisation and picture enjoyable, interesting stuff you could do there and let the mood come to fit what you're seeing.

Trick is letting it go and allowing yourself to see and feel different things again.

It's over. It's not a big deal. What makes you laugh ? Think about that. Give yourself a giggle about something and enjoy what there is to enjoy on your holiday. Let it drift off behind you and be forgotten.

Re: Panic on holiday

Just think that there really is nothing wrong with you and it is just your 'what ifs' that are keeping you like this.
    So when you think " what if I have another panic attack?" just say to yourself: Well if I do I do, it is not going to kill me, it will be unpleasant for a while and then it will subside.
    You can also look at "tapping" technique on Youtube, very easy and effective.
    Enjoy!!! Xxx

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Oh and if you happen to be travelling in Spain, health food shops sell a Valerian root tincture that is really good for nerves

Thread Information