Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moveable lump in leg

moveable lump in leg

theres a small moveable lump on my left leg i am freaking out .. i thought i had this anxiety under control and now another symptom has appeared. i am really worried, has anyone had something like this before?

Re: moveable lump in leg

Yes I have had two lumps like you describe. One was a lipoma just a fatty lump, nothing to worry about, the other is a neurofibroma, just a lump near a nerve that is sometimes very painful but again just harmless. Stop worrying

thanks for replying, how long have u had it for ?

Yes I have one ( 10 years), behind my right knee.Its a Bakers Cyst in my case.

Got a lipoma under my arm had it 25 years its the size if an egg now , i,m no doctor but i believe if its movable its ok .
    Could get it removed but i can,t be bothered now at my age and no need anyway .
    Strangely enough in those day when i first found it nothing concerned me my partner made me go to the Docs
    Obviosly get it checked out but it will be nothing there very common

I just am so scared, I haven't slept all night. I just cannot stop thinking about it. I am just so scared to go to the doctor. I also have a hard time trusting doctors because they can be wrong too. I just hate this feeling. I am constantly depressed now, because I am afraid I'm gonna die. :( I can't eat I am so depressed. I can't take this anymore. I don't wanna die :(

Perhaps you could take some of your own advice about a lump.

Quote Originally Posted by stressedanxious View Post
    I'm sure that its noting to worry about, I'm sure you've had it there for a long time, and its normal.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I get tiny moveable lumps, I had one on my leg that I could push behind my shin bone, it lasted a year then went. Dr said it was a ganglion from a tendon which are different to ganglion from a bone but basically a fluid filled cyst. I now have one on my finger that I can move around quite happily all over my finger below my knuckle. I have had this one for over a year now. They never grow any bigger.

It is sensible to let your Dr feel it as I have done with both of mine but they know what they are looking for with anything nasty.

I am smothered in lipomas, and I mean smothered! I have hundreds, too many to count.

Moveable is good. Does it feel rubbery?

As with all new lumps it is always wise to get it checked out. I don't get new ones checked or I would be there once a week but I also know what they feel like.

If it is a lipoma or a cyst, which I'm sure it is, they will know straight away.

Did yours move around like a loose soft marble?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information