Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Benzo WD diary

Re: My Benzo WD diary

I know, this one doctor was always running almost an hour late so he would just want you in and out. I used to go to him on purpose as I got so addicted I was dreading having to come off. It's been tough but hopefully over soon and I don't think I have post withdrawal syndrome. Or at least I am praying not. When you get well you forget how horrible anxiety really is.

DAY 13

Best sleep yet. Woke up at 6am from 10pm. Was much calmer too but then had a surge of anxiety when I got up and am still fighting it right now but it is calming down now thankfully. Just feel agitated and nervous and my head is zapping. Other than that fine except a bit weepy.

DAY 14

Not a good morning, woke up very early, around half 3 and feel like my anxiety is rocketing through the roof. I feel quite sick too because of it so I'm just telling myself, it is ok, this is just part of the healing. It will pass as the day goes by as I will calm down. I'm a bit more anxious today I think as it's my little boys first day back at school and he's not looking forward to going so I am worrying over him. He'll be fine too.
    This benzo wd is not nice at all. My head kills too.

DAY 15

Woke up at 3-30am (groan) and just feel totally anxious but apart from that miles more alert than when on Lorazepam and Diazepam. Just feeling very fed up of feeling like this knowing this could actually go on for a long time. But I have come this far now.

PS.Felt ok from about 11am today and feeling normal right now at almost 6pm. I just dread going to bed and waking up and starting a new day. No other wd effects except for buzzing in my head and ears for about 30 mins each morning.

DAY 14

Well it's half past midnight and I haven't been able to fall asleep tonight despite taking antistamines. I am totally wide awake and trying not to panic. This is the first night I have been like this.

DAY 14 continued

No sleep at all...just could not drop off and feeling super anxious. I took Benadryl antihistamine to help but it just never kicked in at all so I have been up all night wishing I had some Vodka in but glad in another way as it would only make things worse too. I feel terrible right now and hope this eases off as the day goes by.
    I have to see my GP today so think I have also built myself up in to a state.

Anxiety is so strange. Last night I was so tempted to go and get a drink even though I don't drink anything other than water and milk as a rule as I have out out all very sugary drinks, coke, coffee and especially alcohol. But my anxiety was so bad I just wanted it to go away. It finally has now and and I feel perfect. Even though I did not sleep a wink all night and watched tv in the lounge as I cannot stand just laying there getting more and more worked up, I was calm once I got an appointment with my usual doctor at 8am. He hasn't made any change to my meds yet as he wants me to wd and see if it was the benzos causing me anxiety symptoms and so I am still on Escitalopram which I have never been able to take just on it's own like I did Celexa/Citalopram. I never needed benzo's after the initial start up period. Not one ad seems to work on me now as I was also on Venlafaxine for a short while, Trazadone and tried Mirtazapine for 8 months but they all failed.

DAY 16

Yey, managed to sleep all night until 6.45 so feel a lot better today. Sleep really is the key to recovery! I am also eating healthy or maninly healthy, lol. I seem to want to eat a lot right now. But I am drinking lots of milk and eating salad and veg and fish.
    I still feel rubbish. Tired, headache, yawning lots and my chest is quite tight at the mo but no real anxiety today thankfully compared to other days.

You're winning, Karen. It's a major thing to go through and must be very challenging but every hour's an hour towards getting through the withdrawal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information