Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Benzo WD diary

Re: My Benzo WD diary

I've no been off benzo's for a month and though I am not totally better and have chest tightening today, I am so much better than I was and sleeping ok again hopefully any how.
    I spoke to a pro yesterday who said he doubts I have protracted acute withdrawal syndrome so I should be ok in a couple of more weeks as each day should get better and better. He said it is normal to get your anxiety symptoms all over again coming off a benzo as your symptoms come back just like why you took the pills in the first place. I am trying to stay totally positive and just look forward to feeling like my old self very soon. I've had a few nasty blips a long the way but this is easier than coming off Mirtazapine which they claim isn't even addictive!

In a few years we will all be informed as to how addictive these drugs are...

You have done so well, Karen. A month benzo-free is huge and by far the hardest bit to go through. You must feel absolutely exhausted though?!

Just tired at the moment and have mild anxiety symptoms. I just hope I sleep tonight.

I just remembered that after a month free of the benzos, it was suggested that I try the old standbys like chamomile tea again. No, they won't knock you out, but they may help you to relax nicely. They did me! xx

Thanks so much hun. I will try that. I've never tried any ever. Did you still get early morning anxiety? I am sleeping ok now (touch wood) but wake up and have butterflies for a while and headache. But everything is so much better now so I am really glad I stuck this out. It's not been all that bad really apart from a couple of really rough days where I felt desperate. When I think of how bad Mirtazapine withdrawal was, this has been nothing in comparison.

Had disturbed sleep last night but managed to drop back off quite quickly. Woke up with usual butterflies which I still have but I have a counselling session at 10am so think I am just nervous more than anything. Crazy as she is so nice but I just find counselling pointless as this is wd and I just have to go with it until it passes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my life to have anxiety and I am def not depressed any more. But I have to go as I am starting acupuncture sessions with them for free. Roll on 11am when I am home again. All in all, I am doing ok now! Sadnomore how long did it take you to go through your wd?

Karen,

You are doing brilliant! Other people will find this thread so useful to see how it could be for them and to not fear it as much.

Sometimes it makes me wonder whether these meds are just worse than the condition when I see things like this and you are one of many. Keep going.

I honestly think they are, Terry. Karen has done/is doing so well-it's such a tough road.

Yes, it's good to hear a positive slant on Valium withdrawal
    You are doing so well Karen.
    It is difficult, when we are having a bad day.
    But, you have to remind yourself of the sx you experienced
    And
    That you are feeling much better in general without bentos.

When I stopped Valium, I had very stiff and painful shoulders and neck.
    A bit like when you tweet your spine and have shooting pains.
    My GP said I must've done it in my sleep, but it didn't . It was withdrawal.
    It took a month to go. I had brain zaps. I didn't know what they were. I had never suffered from headaches before. I had itchy skin. Thought it was the menopause drying me out. It was withdrawal. I had major flare ups of IBS, which has reduced significantly since stopping benzos.
    I am sooo dissapointed in the medical profession that gps, don't know or acknowledge that SOME people to have withdrawals, and some find it very difficult.
    I believe too many are told..it's not withdrawal.

Anyway, you seem to be coping with your withdrawal and are keeping positive.
    You are also seeing improvements in your sleep etc, so keep reminding yourself of these things and that you are getting better!
    Well done you!

Thanks so much I'm a bit low today and am supposed to be going to my nephews Birthday (bowling) so worrying a bit as not been out for absolutely ages. It's silly as nothing bad can happen to me. Typically this is the worst day I've had this week but I am probs building myself up.
    Slept well again and didn't have much anxiety early this morning but do have very low mood today as I mentioned. Guess this is a bit of a roller coaster still.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information