Thread: Chest Vibrations

Chest Vibrations

Hi guys,

it's me again, i just had another little query after my post yesterday. i just wondered if anyone else was experiencing these strange feelings of vibration in their chest, it is so strange like a low rumbling but in the chest area? Mine can occur at any moment but once i am up and moving around i seem to be able to shake them off, however they then come back with a vengeance! can anyone give me any insight into these sensations?

Thanks Shell xxxxxx

M.H.Pickering

Hi Shell,

I suffer from palpitations and I get a feeling like that, Im sure its nothing to worry about...hopefully someone that knows more about this will answer you!!!!.

Shaz x

Hiya Shell

It could be eptopic beats.

Basically, when your heart misses a beat the natural rhythm of the heart makes up for it by adding a beat, it kinda feels like your hearts stops then a thud (the feeling is a bit like stopping suddenly in a lift) then back to the natural rhythm. Or, it can feel like a flutter in the middle of the chest, I get both alot.

Good news is, eptopic beats are for the most part harmless, and are just a by-product of your heart making up for a missed beat. They are extremely common, and the fittest of people get them, even athletes.

I have suffered on and off with health anxiety (and GAD) for a few years, and have had these palps/beats often.

I would always recommend though, that anyone worried about a health issue pop and see a GP, just for reassurance.

But in your case, it sounds just like anxiety.

Some people get these palps from too much alcohol, coffee etc and when tired, so its worth seeing if there is a link to the beats and anything you ate (or drank )

Sometimes we only need reassurance to lessen the anxiety, which in turn lessons the symptons like palps, band of pressure around the head etc.

My 1st post, and I can't see a spel kecker so apologies for any typos.

Take Care

Jaco45er

I have atrial fibrillation, which is a heart arrythmia, but a benign condition. It feels like your heart is quivering, kind of a rumbling sensation. I've seen ER doctors, a cardiologist and my regular doctor and all have said it is not life threatening, however it is a scary feeling. Try to relax and maybe get checked out just for your own piece of mind. I figure 6 or 7 doctors can't be wrong so I just have to believe that it is okay. Good luck. I totally understand the anxiety. Very scary but really an okay thing.

Unhappy Re: Chest Vibrations

Hi!

Retaking this thread after two years :-D , I was looking over the internet and found this forum,

I have the same sensation it's almost on my stomach's pit I feel like a fluttering (it's not heart related I am very sure about it) , I've have had panic attacks , and much anxiety and nervous all the time, mostly with fear, this trembling makes me more nervous, also sometimes, after waking up from siesta I have felt right there a trembling sensation for 10 secs before being fully awake, now it's been bothering me since days, though I know it's not matter of life and death but panic doesn't and makes me very uncomfortable during my day.

I also feel nervous after eating above all the lunch, like you know , when the switch of anxiety is on.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    Hiya Shell

It could be eptopic beats.

Basically, when your heart misses a beat the natural rhythm of the heart makes up for it by adding a beat, it kinda feels like your hearts stops then a thud (the feeling is a bit like stopping suddenly in a lift) then back to the natural rhythm. Or, it can feel like a flutter in the middle of the chest, I get both alot.

Good news is, eptopic beats are for the most part harmless, and are just a by-product of your heart making up for a missed beat. They are extremely common, and the fittest of people get them, even athletes.

I have suffered on and off with health anxiety (and GAD) for a few years, and have had these palps/beats often.

I would always recommend though, that anyone worried about a health issue pop and see a GP, just for reassurance.

But in your case, it sounds just like anxiety.

Some people get these palps from too much alcohol, coffee etc and when tired, so its worth seeing if there is a link to the beats and anything you ate (or drank )

Sometimes we only need reassurance to lessen the anxiety, which in turn lessons the symptons like palps, band of pressure around the head etc.

My 1st post, and I can't see a spel kecker so apologies for any typos.

Take Care

Jaco45er

Thread Information