Thread: Sertraline withdrawal :(

Sertraline withdrawal :(

Hi.... so after a melt down at weekend....and from advise from Dr to up my tabs.....im taking half a tab daily.....Iv decided to ignore his advice.....and try battle through with withdrawal......I am quite stubborn and feel I want to come off meds..... so I am quite tearful, bit sensitive and quite irritable. ....thinking what people say to me must have a double meaning...lol...... but I'm determined to carry on.......

Re: Sertraline withdrawal :(

Hi Penny, this is just my point of view but I would advise you to stick to 25mg until you feel good. And if you want to stop the medecine decrease the dosage of 1/8th of a pill each time and wait in between that you settle at that dosage, roughly for me was 2 weeks at each dosage.
    I did that and had very minimal withdrawal symptoms, just feeling a bit tensed for a few days after each decrease. Good luck

Thanks for that...... I need to come off these really for peace of mind....... Had a horrific time a few months ago.....my whole life fell apart after losing my baby......Drs say nothing to do with meds at all, and baby was very poorly and I would miscarry at any time. Drs say risk of birth defects is very very low, but then I read up on sertraline and says do not take if pregnant...... Don't know who to believe really. But after this nightmare, I do not want to experience this ever again

Hi Penny, sorry to hear that. Try to avoid checking too much on internet, that's how my HA started. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you, you are absolutely right.....need to stop reading everything on internet lol take care x

Thread Information