Thread: Severe Panic Attack - Help Please?!

Question Severe Panic Attack - Help Please?!

I had a really bad panic attack again last night that started with chest pain, feeling really anxious and overthinking and then I started hyperventilating, shaking and feeling really dizzy and disassociated. After the attack was over I tried to go back to bed but I suddenly got really cold (my entire body was so cold that I had goosebumps all over me!) and I felt really sick (like I could've potentially been physically sick) and I felt like crying constantly (the crying I'm very used to). After about 5 minutes I got back into bed and about half an hour after that I must've felt better because I went to sleep. I've never had that reaction after and not during one before. I'm pretty sure it was just a really nasty/severe panic attack but it did scare me quite a bit. Has anyone else experienced this at all? What do people think this was? Just an extension of the attack because it was severe? I was worried I might faint and I don't really have friends in my Uni accommodation so I have to just kind of manage. My panic attacks seem to be getting more severe each time even though I'm doing everything I can to try to overcome them and I'm on beta blockers which help a little bit. Has anyone got any advice on this? It's really concerning :( x

Re: Severe Panic Attack - Help Please?!

Yes, I have had all those symptoms during and after panic. I always feel hot while nervous and then feel freezing afterwards.
    Does your uni not offer therapy for students? If not I would suggest exercise and reading Claire Weekes x

I'm on a waiting list for therapy at the moment (I'm about to leave Uni) and I've got a telephone appointment tomorrow so hopefully that should do the trick.

Maya, that sounds a lot like my panic attacks. I get the worst of the attack, especially a fast heart rate and trembling, then I start to come down and get really cold, then I just crash with exhaustion. And I always get the queasy stomach with my attacks, like a bad case of the flu.
    Have you noticed the beta blocker helps? I took metoprolol, but didn't notice enough improvement to continue with them.
    Good luck with therapy, I hope you can really embrace it and start improving your life. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Thread Information