Thread: Severe Health Anxiety

Severe Health Anxiety

Been suffering form acid reflux for almost a year now and it has totally got got me down. There is now an added complication of gall stones which surprised me as luckily I have had no colic or bad symptoms. I also suffer with severe anxiety regarding bowels as I suffer with IBS. Everything has come to a head recently as I have severe stress problems at work. MY reflux meds are up to the maximum and Im stil suffering badly with pain and acid, My GP says its resulted from anxiety, which I probably agree with as low dose meds worked to start with, but each time I had a stressful episode the reflux increased and consequently my meds were increased. I'm now in a very bad place with bad acid symptoms which make me stressed and so completing a vicious circle which i cant break out of. Im feeling terrible and quite a bit desperate. does anyone have experience of thus and has managed to break out of it http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/weep.gif

Re: Severe Health Anxiety

Personally, my HA is at its worst when I'm unhappy/stressed so trying to alleviate that and find ways to be happy should be a priority.You know your acid is caused by stress and its causing you health anxiety. Think of it this way. If you bath was leaking and water was going through the ceiling, you wouldn't put all your effort into soaking up the water downstairs, you would fix the leaking bath. Your anxiety and stress are the bath, your acid is like the water on the downstairs carpet. Put all your energy into doing things that make you happy and your health will improve x

Re: Severe Health Anxiety

Your GP is right my reflux would not go as my anxiety was so high .

What meds are you on and what dose ?

The reason i ask is one DR put me on the ppi plus ranitadine but you cant take both at the same time or the ppi one does work as well .

Yes i did break the cycle it was the citalapram meds i think that helped but it was 12 months of worry , no doubt your other worry is not helping as your stomach will be pumping more acid out .

If the reflux is when you are in bed you can get raised special mattress to go over your own helps stop the reflux .

Thread Information