Thread: Zenphorol

Zenphorol

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of Zenphorol before ? I was just searching for some Kalms on Amazon and this popped up in the search results. Claims to be for Panic and Depression - Boosts mood etc etc.

At £40 it's pricey but also has a good rating.

If anyone has tried it/heard things about it i would be interested to know info.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/health-beaut...keywords=kalms

Edit - ok after looking at the picture of the ingredients on the abov link it just looks like a typical liver detoxing product with 5htp added to it.

Thanks,
    W

Re: Zenphorol

It's got some useful properties for anxiety too with chamomile, magnesium, lemon balm, L-theanine and inositol.

Just watch the magnesium as it's citrate and above a certain level it's a laxative.

It's certainly pricey. You might find you can replicate it with the elements from the cheaper suppliers for less.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 25-04-16 at 09:06. Reason: Typo

I was looking at this today and it has amazing reviews, a few that say it does not work but hey, not everything works for every one, I have lost track of how many AD's I have tried and the only one that works is Citalopram but my GP refuses to help me get on it by giving me sleeping pills until I settle on it, so I want to buy this and just see how I get on. 5-htp makes me a bit sick so I have always stopped it after a day or two but this sounds much better with all the other ingredients. At the mo just full of depression as not sleeping ever beyond 4am!!!! I used to lay awake for hours but now fall asleep right away but am just wide awake then and feel terrible. Even was so fed up bought Diazepam off a UK pharmacy but it must be fake as it does nothing and God only knows what it could really be so do not want to go down that terrible path!!! If I end up going back to my GP I am gonna beg him for some Zopiclone. My old doctor used to get me on Citalopram by prescribing it for for about 3 or 4 months and as soon as I felt ok,I'd just start comingoff it and never felt a thing wd wise, but this doctor had me on Lexapro for three years and it did nothing and prescribed Lorazepam and though I was good on it for those three years, it was only the Lorazepam that helped as I could never get off it and I have also taken that 3 times before and done the same as Zop, just tapered off once I was well after a couple of months or so, but my GP just did not listen and was so behind with his appointments he would say,"Oh take the Lexapro and the Ativan for your anxiety," instead of swapping me to the meds that DID work for me! So gonna buy some of this zenphorol tomorrow when I get some money and hope and pray it helps xxx

Karen - I am so very sorry to learn that things are still not good. As you know, I also have serious sleep issues and some anxiety - especially first thing in the morning.

I weaned off Sertraline and Mirtazapine at the end of last year. In January the GP gave me Propanalol (3 x 40mg daily) and 20 mg Amitryptiline. The dose of Amit was so low it wasn't really doing anything so I recently came off that - which was VERY easy. I am now only taking one Propanalol each day and it does help with the palpitations. However, I am doing some research about supplements and have decided that I will start an appropriate dose of Magnesium (to be taken during the evening and at night), Calcium - not to be taken at the same time as the Magnesium and I have ordered some L-Theanine which has some very good reviews for easing anxiety. Chamomile tea can be bought anywhere these days and is not expensive.

5 Htp should be avoided if on ADs or any other prescription meds for depression/anxiety - there is a serious risk of seretonin overload - which in severe cases can prove very dangerous.

Rather than spend a lot of money on something which may or may not work, how about looking at the other individual supplements. Calcium is not expensive and for women it is an important supplement - quite aside from its potential to help with anxiety. Similarly, research has shown that most people in the western world are deficient in Magnesium and this is very important for the nervous system and emotional well-being. However, it is crucial that you buy the right composition of magnesium - both in quantity and how it is presented, ie, oxide or citrate etc (it gets quite complicated). MyNameisTerry has sent me a lot of information which I am currently sifting before making a purchase - it is a waste of money if there is insufficient of the necessary active ingredient.

Do have a look at what you can find online about L-Theanine. I know this all seems a bit of a bother, but £40 is a lot of money for something which possibly does not contain sufficient supplements to do what is claimed.

Perhaps one of the reasons the Zenphorol works for some and not others is that the magnesium levels of those for whom it does work are not so low as those for whom it doesn't - who obviously need more than the Zenphorol contains.

Not sure if I have explained this particularly well, but I would hate to see you waste a lot of money. I know how desperate we can be when we are so exhausted. I remember posting on NMP some months ago that if someone had told me standing in 15 tonnes of elephant dung would cure my sleep and anxiety problems, then I would be first in the queue !

Sensible advice, Sandie. A lot of money to shell out here-be wary of these miracle claims everyone..

KarenP i would be fuming if the Doc wouldn't prescribe me the only AD that works. Surely you've told him that? I would threaten to report him if he denied me the one thing that helped me.

Thread Information