Thread: Painful red bump in crotch area?

Painful red bump in crotch area?

Hello, 20 year old male here. I quite suddenly got a really painful red bump on my crotch area. It's within my pubic hair and it's quite hard and really, really painful to the touch. It became a problem really suddenly, as I just noticed it last night while laying in bed (I hadn't had anything down there earlier that evening). As I said it's really painful to the touch and it hurts even if my pants chafe on it.

I haven't had sex in a long time so I doubt it's an STD. What could this be? An ingrown hair? A zit (if it's even possible to get a zit down there)? Or something to be worried about?

Re: Painful red bump in crotch area?

Hi BrotatoChip.
    Sounds like it could be an ingrown hair or spot to me. The thing about that area of the body is, it's enclosed in clothing for at least a third of the day - it's not getting any fresh air and the clothing will rub. Also, the Legs may rub against the genitals and against the hair. Ingrown hairs happen, as can spots & pimples.
    I would say, keep it clean and it should run it's course. Get it checked out if it hasn't improved in a week or so.

i've had that, if you mean on the skin area where the testicles are located or there abouts, its extremely painful, and yeah keep it clean and should resolve itself, I was brave enough to squeeze one once, i cried like a girl and walked funny for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dsavvy View Post
    i've had that, if you mean on the skin area where the testicles are located or there abouts, its extremely painful, and yeah keep it clean and should resolve itself, I was brave enough to squeeze one once, i cried like a girl and walked funny for a week.
    Been there done that! Hurts like a MoFo for sure...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information