Thread: Energy levels

Energy levels

Can I ask a quick question about people's energy levels with anxiety?

Mine seems absolutely shot to bits and I even get tired thinking about doing something. This will sound weird but I can't explain it any better. I was watching the X Factor and watching Olly Murs meet and greet people and all I could think was "I couldn't be that cheerful for so long" and even "I couldn't stand up for that long!"

The saddest part was when a 60 year old overweight woman came on and danced around and I thought I really couldn't do that without needing a lie down. I even got a bit hot in the face watching it and imagining it.

I guess I feel uncomfy and heavy, indigestiony in my upper chest and I don't feel flexible or relaxed. It's tough to explain and I guess its all in my head but I feel tired and out of breath thinking about it!

Does anyone else get this - is anyone else's energy levels gone - does anyone else get a sort of resentful feeling?

Re: Energy levels

i get this sometimes..if it gets real bad i get down and bang out some pushups just to show myself i can..and im 40 and semi-recovered from mono diagnosed three months ago..you have more energy than you think..if pushups arent your thing do something balance related like standing on one foot..or stretching like touching your toes..motivation follows action

Having anxiety is like keeping the oven on warm all the time. Even when you're not feeling anxious, you're still cooking and any little bit of fuel just adds to the fire. Like a campfire, it takes time for the coals to completely cool off.

I believe if you channel that feeling of resentment into something positive like exercise (like saying to yourself.. "FU 'anxiety'... I'll show you who can dance circles around someone!), you will eventually overcome it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can get up at weekend 8am, knowing I can have a lie in....have breakfast, walk the dog and be back in bed for 11am feeling wiped out..., anxiety can make you feel tired.....but it's a case of making yourself do something, motivation and plenty of water

I have ZERO energy. Mid 20's and feeling about 5x that age. Constantly exhausted, worn out, feeling deflated and like I've done so much more than I have (which is usually nothing from lack of energy).

As long as it's just not me! I'm 30 and I get tired lying down watching TV and as I said, looking at people with energy annoys me!

Thread Information